In this article, we razglyadev with You an unpleasant disease of the lower limbs, as varicose veins, as well as its causes, symptoms and treatment of varicose veins, and both traditional and folk remedies.
What are varicose veins for the average person? This fatigue in the legs, perhaps with some swelling, cyanosis, sometimes dark spider veins. Razglyadev that kind of disease from a medical point of view.
Varicose veins (varices) — expansion and elongation of veins (vessels that bring blood to the heart) of the lower limbs with thinning of the venous wall and formation of these knots. The same nodules are formed as a result of pathology of the venous wall and valve disease due to a genetic defect.
Varicose veins manifested with increasing venous pressure.
Varicose veins happen:
- lower extremities;
- of the stomach and esophagus;
- small pelvis;
- eggs and family herbal cord.
The most common manifestations of the disease is varicose veins of the lower extremities, which today will be discussed.
Today varicose veins is one of the most common diseases that affects each woman 3, and each 10 male. Statistics say that most often the disease begins at a young age — 30-40 years.
Causes of varicose veins
The main causes of varicose veins:
- lifestyle or work associated with heavy physical loads, prolonged stay in one position (standing or sitting) or constant high ambient temperature;
- a significant increase of body weight;
- genetic predisposition;
- hormonal influence (pregnancy and hormonal drugs).
Secondary causes of varicose veins
Obstruction of blood flow through the veins. Such obstacles can be: a blood clot, the uterus and the tumor.
Stress and nervous disorders. They affect the condition of vessels. In the wall of the veins have nerve endings, which give them elasticity. When the pressure in them, exposed to different toxins and alcohol the gleam of the vessels lose tone and expands.
Arterial-venous anastomoses. Such compounds can be formed due to the pressure in the arterial flow of blood cells.
Sports overload. In the group of risk-lovers to patagate the barbell in the gym. In the presence of the tendency to varicose veins to overload the legs excessive exercise and heavy lifting are prohibited.
Uncomfortable clothes and shoes. Much tight clothing such as skinny jeans can cause varicose veins. Also harmful narrow shoes and high heels. When choosing shoes, give preference with a wide sole, the wider the sole, the less the load on the legs. Walking and balancing on thin heels, we put Vienna a huge load, and if the heels add the heavy bags from the grocery store, then the veins will not envy.
All these factors contribute to varicose veins, increase venous pressure and malfunction of the venous valves. The result is abnormal blood flows in the veins of the lower extremities — a reflux (backward flow of venous blood from deep veins to superficial). They cause worsening of the disease over time, increasing the pressure on the venous system many times.
The right blood flow, when blood flows through the veins of the legs from the bottom up, this is achieved through several factors: the pressure of blood from the arteries, the contraction of the muscles of the feet during movements and the presence of valves in veins preventing backflow of blood. The failure of these valves to perform its function and causes a disturbance of venous blood flow, which leads to hyperextension of the veins. Because of this, blood flow becomes chaotic, the blood stagnates in the veins of the lower extremities (especially subcutaneous), the pressure increases, the blood vessels begin to expand and become subtler.
Symptoms of varicose veins
Symptoms of varicose veins are directly connected with the stages of varicose veins.
Stage I and II varicose veins
- venous patterns on the legs, thighs and hips;
- feeling of heaviness of the legs and enlargement;
- cramps, especially at night;
- swelling of the feet after a hard day;
- mild pain in the legs;
III and IV stage of varicose veins
- spider veins (telangiectasia);
- the pain of different nature (hot throbbing, itching in the muscles, pain when walking, pain along the course of venous trunks, General pain and aching in the legs);
- convoluted, long varicose vein, protruding above the surface of the skin of legs and feet;
- changes the (skin becomes dry and the connection of the pigmentation after the skin of the feet darkens and covered with brownish spots). Further, these symptoms can join: dermatitis, eczema and trophic disorders in the form of poorly healing wounds, including the formation of ulcers.
Quite rare, but there are symptoms such as cravatica at break sites that most often happen at night.
Complications of varicose veins
If the varicose veins connection appeared symptoms such as fever or weakness, it is possible that the disease has passed the stage of complications.
When complications of varicose veins can occur:
- skin ulcers;
- heavy venous bleeding at the slightest injury;
- trophic ulcer;
- gravotech varices.
Diagnosis of varicose veins
If you have symptoms of varicose veins, for the decision of a correct diagnosis or refutation it is necessary to pay: phlebologist, neurologist, surgeon.
Procedures for the diagnosis of varicose veins: ultrasound (us) or venography.
Treatment of varicose veins
How to treat varicose veins? This question is answered by the doctor after the diagnosis. Because only a correct diagnosis increases a positive result of treatment of varicose veins.
In turn, your doctor may prescribe the following treatment options:
- drug treatment of varicose veins (cream, ointment, tablet);
- a set of procedures, depending on symptoms and stage of the disease (see article below);
- surgical treatment (removal of diseased veins).
Funds from varicose veins
- Ointments and creams varicose veins
They act as a prophylactic and as an auxiliary method of treatment of the disease in the early stages. They help:
- to reduce the pain;
- to reduce the swelling;
- to improve the operation of the valve system;
- to increase the tone of the vascular walls;
- to restore normal blood circulation;
- to prevent the development of complications.
- Tablets varicose veins
Pills is prescribed in the case when the localization of the disease does not allow to apply drugs topically or as part of complex therapy of varicose veins. They help:
- to improve the tone of blood vessels;
- to remove inflammation;
- accelerate blood circulation and lymph flow;
- eliminate microcirculatory disorders.
Procedures to treat varicose veins
Endovasal laser coagulation. The doctor acts on the patient's vessel with the laser, and the veins disappear. Be performed under local anesthesia. A couple of weeks on the skin no reminders about the procedure. Used for the treatment of varicose veins in the initial stages.
Sclerotherapy. In the problematic vein with a syringe, introduce the substance and be amazed by the Vienna glued from the inside and stops working and the blood starts to flow away through healthy veins. This procedure is not for everyone. It is prescribed only if the nodes is not very large.
Ozone therapy. Ozone is injected through a small needle into the lumen of the vessel and calls it bonding. To achieve a visible effect quite a few procedures. It is used to eliminate spider veins.
Phlebectomy. Surgical procedure that affected Vienna just removed. The next day after the surgery you can go home, but still at least a month you have to wear special tights or bandaged leg with an elastic bandage.
In the treatment of varicose veins it is recommended to use therapeutic exercise and therapeutic hosiery.
Medical gymnastics at varicose veins. To help relieve heavy legs, promote blood flow and eliminate stagnation of venous blood.
The movement is life. If You have a sedentary job, try to walk every day. It is also recommended Cycling and swimming. And running can adversely affect the condition of the veins, and wellbeing.
Some examples of exercises for the legs:
- sitting on a chair, keep your legs together and lower them into socks, then on heels, and repeat 15-20 times;
- leaning both hands (at shoulder height) on a wall, stand on your toes then on your heels, repeat 20 times;
- standing on the inhale, raise your arms up and stand on your toes on the exhale, relax and become on your heels, repeat 20 times;
- sitting lift above floor level alternately one then the other leg, turn the feet at the ankles in both directions, making small circles, repeat 15-20 times;
- sitting up on his tip-toes with both feet at the same time, repeat 15-20 times.
Medical knitwear. Wearing this underwear helps to improve the condition of the affected veins by compression to accelerate blood flow and eliminate stagnation of venous blood in the vessels. Wearing therapeutic underwear may be considered only as an auxiliary means in combination with prescribed treatment.
Treatment of varicose veins folk remedies
Important! Before using folk remedies varicose veins be sure to consult your doctor!
Treatment of varicose veins ready herbal wooden collection
Review expert herbalist: herbal medicine (phytotherapy) has some remarkable advantages, for example:
- phytotherapy eliminates the causes of disease,
- herbs have a minimum number of contraindications (usually individual intolerance),
- the herbal treatment has minimal side effects
- herbs are composed of a large number of vitamins and other nutrients, which in addition to the treatment of the disease, and even promote the health of the organism as a whole,
Naturopaths offer ready-made solutions that already take into account the specific composition of the collection, batching, precedence, etc. Courses are developed by professional physicians, based on years of experience.
Other folk remedy against varicose veins
Kalanchoe pinnate. The leaves of Kalanchoe pinnate and put in a quart jar (the leaves should be half the banks). Pour 70% alcohol and insist in a dark place for 14 days. Before applying shake the jar. Every day before bedtime lubricate legs and feet. The pain will go away after the first application. If varicose started, to treatment is necessary for 4 months.
Apples "Antonovka". In boiling 1 liter of water put 3 apples, cover and put in a warm place for 4 hours. Next, without removing the apples, smash them up, mix the solution and strain. Take, adding 1 tablespoon of honey, polruki (50 g) in the morning before food and night before bed. The tool also cleanses the blood, improves sleep and appetite.
Potatoes. 5 clean the potatoes and grate them on a grater. The resulting puree grate and spread his legs. After 4 hours the pain will pass, and then rinse potatoes with warm water.
The flowers of horse chestnut. 50 g of flowers pour 0.5 liters of alcohol and let steep 14 days, shaking the bottle daily. Miss the resulting infusion through the mesh and consume 1 tbsp. spoon 3 times a day before meals with water. Treated a week take a break for 2 weeks. Then repeat again.
The garlic oil. Take garlic with white skin and chop. Mix it with two parts butter. Attach to protruding veins at night, put on top of parchment paper and secure with bandage or a warm scarf. In the morning rinse and put on his feet something warm and soft.
Prevention of varicose veins
As everyone has long known – the disease is better to prevent than to treat. Razglyadev some life rules, following which you can prevent the appearance of varicose veins:
- if You have a sedentary job, take the hour break. Can do workplace special exercises. There's a lot more to go;
- if the work is stagnant, on the contrary, take the time to relax;
- refrain from habits in the seat to throw a leg over the other, if You have;
- don't wear things that really squeeze (for example, very tight jeans, stockings with tight elastic bands. In General, women are strictly prohibited to wear tight pants, because in this case blood circulation in the region of the urogenital system;
- don't constantly wear tight shoes and shoes with heel (these shoes are rarely acceptable – for the saints);
- if You have constipation, do not leave it to chance, since constipation increases the pressure level of blood circulation in the small pelvis;
- start Cycling;
- try to swim a lot;
- during rest, the hour, place the feet on the hills (at 15-20 cm above the heart);
- try to regularly exercise;
- watch your weight;
- to reduce in the diet of unhealthy foods and sweets, eat more fruits and vegetables, i.e. foods rich in vitamins;
- drop harmful habits (Smoking and alcohol);
- try to take a contrast shower;
- drink at least 2 liters of water per day, which will also save You from dehydration with its unpleasant symptoms;
- do not overdo the sunbathing in the Solarium.
To what doctor to pay with varicose veins?