Varicose veins are a disease of the blood vessels in which their walls become thin. As a result, the veins lengthen and widen, pathological nodules form and blood flow is disrupted. Varicose veins on the legs are most commonly diagnosed. But the hands often suffer. There are also varicose veins of the uterus in women, testicles in men. It is not easy to normalize the situation - it is often necessary to resort to surgery. But in the initial stages of the disease, varicose veins can be treated with folk remedies.
Alternative medicine knows many ways to strengthen and rebuild blood vessels. These are diet, exercise, various decoctions, infusions, compresses. They are all safer than pharmaceuticals, so many people prefer to do only natural remedies. But it is important to remember that in advanced situations, traditional medicine can only be used as an aid. In any case, such treatment should be agreed with the doctor.
Behavioral characteristics of a person suffering from varicose veins
When treating varicose veins and thrombophlebitis with folk remedies and more traditional methods, a person must adhere to a certain lifestyle. The fact is that behavioral errors often lead to the development of diseases and they must be removed.
What to look for first:
- Clothing. Tight jeans and tight belts make it difficult for blood to pass through the veins. It is better to choose shoes with small heels. The pedals and completely flat sole worsen the situation with varicose veins of the lower extremities.
- Physical activity. It should be present in life - but in moderation. Heavy loads are excluded, but complete passivity will also bring damage. Regular walks in the fresh air, cycling, swimming in the pool are encouraged. If work is inactive, you need to take frequent breaks - get up and take at least a few steps around the room. A chair or stool should be as comfortable as possible. Prolonged sitting especially worsens the situation with varicose veins of the pelvis.
- Water treatments. Hot baths for this disease are extremely undesirable, but they should be contrasted more often - they improve blood circulation.
- Cosmetic procedures. It is better to refuse electrolysis and waxing.
- Bad habits. Alcohol and smoking significantly worsen the situation with varicose veins.
During treatment with folk remedies for reticular varicose veins of the lower extremities and other parts of the body, only a proper diet can slow down the process. And, perhaps, funds will no longer be needed. And in more severe forms, a therapeutic diet will speed up the healing process.
The patient's diet should be plentiful:
- vegetables and fruits rich in vitamin C;
- seafood, algae;
- fiber-rich foods;
- pomegranate, gooseberry, currant;
- vegetable oil;
- parsley, dill;
- intestines (liver, heart, tongue).
It is recommended to log out with:
- salt - exclude it at least during active treatment or minimize it;
- fried, smoked;
- meat (especially pork);
- canned food;
- pickled dishes;
- strong tea;
- sweets and sugar.
For varicose veins, drink plenty of clean water (not carbonated). Green and herbal teas are also helpful. It is advisable to start the meal with a light vegetable salad seasoned with vegetable oil. And you should finish it while still being a little hungry. Overeating is very harmful for vascular diseases.
In advanced varicose veins, treatment with folk remedies and other methods must be repaired by wearing special underwear.
Compression leggings, socks, leggings, leggings and other knitwear compress varicose veins, increasing pressure and speeding up blood flow. This significantly reduces the risk of blood clots.
Such underwear should be selected under the guidance of a physician. In terms of performance, there are different types of compression stockings. For the purpose of prevention, lower pressure is needed, and in the later stages of varicose veins, increased pressure.
Usually the jersey is worn in the morning - immediately after waking up and taken off before bed. But you can't wear it day and night.
Compression garments are contraindicated in case of cardiopulmonary insufficiency, atherosclerosis, orthoarteritis, overflow, dermatitis, skin allergies, open wounds. It is prescribed with caution to people suffering from diabetes.
It is difficult to overestimate the benefits of gymnastics in the treatment of varicose veins, which are often the result of a sedentary lifestyle. Special exercises improve the flow of blood and lymph through the vessels, tone and strengthen their walls, normalize blood pressure and make a person more resilient. Gymnastics is especially indicated for those who spend a lot of time in a sitting position. Experts recommend this in the morning and evening, setting aside thirty minutes for it.
Exercises for different types of diseases:
- Practically in all types of varicose veins, such gymnastics is shown: in the position on the back, bend one lower limb and pull it to the chest; then straighten up, pull, and hold for a few seconds. Then lower and repeat the same movements with the other leg.
- Also, a universal exercise is considered to be an exercise during which you should, sitting on a chair and resting your heels on the floor, perform versatile finger movements.
- Suitable for all patients and "swallow". Get up, straighten up, stand on your fingertips and spread your arms. Then exhale and bring one leg back. Repeat the same with the other limb.
- For varicose veins on the legs, it is useful to perform a very simple exercise: lie on a hard surface, placing a pillow under your feet. At the same time, it is important to relax as much as possible, close your eyes, breathe deeply and evenly. Lie like this for 10-15 minutes.
- In the treatment of folk remedies against varicose veins of the pelvis (varicose veins of the uterus or ovaries), exercise "bike" will help. Lying on your back, your legs should perform rotational movements, mimicking the ride. It is also recommended to do “scissors” regularly, including transient (horizontal and vertical) leg movements in a supine position.
- It has been shown that men who suffer from varicose veins of the testicles more often stand on their toes, staying in that position for about 20 seconds, and then abruptly "land" on their heels. This will allow you to fight the congestion in the veins of the genital organ.
Traditional medicines should be used in conjunction with diet, exercise and lifestyle adjustments. They are gentler than pharmaceuticals and are much cheaper. Of course, it is always possible to go far only with folk recipes. In advanced cases this is excluded. But even in the most difficult situations, they will not be superfluous.
The main purpose of traditional medicine is to prevent congestion in the veins. Various decoctions, ointments, creams, compresses and other home remedies are used for this. Recipes for the most effective are given below.
Application of tinctures
Medicinal tinctures during the treatment of varicose veins have both internal and external use.
The following tools worked well:
- Kalanchoe effectively treats vascular diseases of the lower extremities. The leaves of this plant should be crushed, filled with medical alcohol in a ratio of 1: 1 and left for a while, tightly closing the container. After a few days, the tincture can be rubbed into the affected skin. The vascular network will disappear.
- Horse chestnut is used in the treatment of varicose veins of the uterus folk remedies. You will need 50 grams of flowers that you need to fill with vodka or alcohol. Insist 14 days, shaking occasionally. Take 2 tablespoons orally three times a day a few minutes before meals. The course lasts a week.
- Another recipe for the treatment of pelvic pathologies (varicose veins of the uterus or ovaries) is a tincture of a mixture of medicinal herbs. You need to take dandelion root, horsetail, horsetail, chamomile, motherwort and clover in equal proportions and combine it all (you can buy the finished collection at the pharmacy). Pour 2 tablespoons of the mixture into 0. 5 liters of boiling water and leave in a thermos overnight. Take orally four times a day, 50 grams.
- For varicose veins of the testicles in men, treatment with folk remedies includes taking an infusion of birch leaves and strawberries, sweet clover and oat straw. All this is crushed, mixed in a ratio of 1: 1, and then a tablespoon of the collection is poured into 600 ml of boiling water. Insist 30 minutes. Strain. Take 0, 25 cups three times daily before meals. The duration of the course is one month.
Compressions work in varicose veins no worse than tinctures. Various ingredients are used for their preparation. Most of them are always at hand.
Here are the simplest and most affordable recipes:
- Tomato wrap.Fresh vegetables are finely chopped and applied with gauze to the affected area. You can fasten the lining with an elastic bandage. Hold for a few hours. Then, updating, repeat two more times. The procedure is harmless and suitable for everyday use.
- Cabbage wrap.This requires regular vegetables. The white cabbage leaf must be lubricated with soap and applied to the sore spot, which must first be sprinkled with soda. Secure with a bandage, leave overnight.
- Alcohol wrap.Moisten warm socks with vodka and place them on paired limbs. Leave overnight. The product effectively improves blood circulation.
Various types of decoctions are used primarily to relieve pain. They are especially effective when it comes to internal forms of the disease (for example, varicose veins of the uterus), and the use of external means is impossible.
- Nettle tea.Two tablespoons of dry crushed herbs are poured into 200 ml of water and boiled. Cool naturally and drink a quarter cup three times a day. The duration of the course is one month.
- Marigold soup.Pour a couple of tablespoons with a glass of water and bring to a boil. You can add honey during the cooling process to taste. Let him sit for 30 minutes and drink a few hours before the morning meal. You can drink the next glass after a few hours. And so several times a day. The course of treatment is one month.
Fastening and rubbing treatment
When varicose veins are treated with folk remedies in the initial phase, rubbing and application are actively used. They help remove the "cobweb" of blood vessels and slow down the development of the disease.
There are several ways:
- One of the most effective remedies against varicose veins is apple cider vinegar. Dilute in the amount of 2 tablespoons with a glass of water, then moisten with gauze and apply on the affected area for 30 minutes.
- Cook the potato peels. They are then cooled, ground and applied to a “star” dish for a couple of hours.
- You can also boil a glass of water with 2 tablespoons of chamomile or wormwood. Rub the affected skin after cooling.
Folk remedies in the first stage are good for various diseases. Compared to the methods of traditional medicine, they have a milder effect on the body, have fewer side effects and contraindications. They are actively used in the case of vascular pathologies: varicose veins of the uterus, lower and upper extremities, testicles. Especially at the very beginning of the development of these diseases.
It is necessary to consult your doctor to achieve the best result. It will tell you which tools are most suitable for use in a particular situation. When using traditional medicine, you should be patient. They work slower than synthetic drugs. But regular procedures will certainly have an effect.