Varicose veins or varicose veins is a disease that is getting younger every year and is one of the urgent problems of our time. If the pathology is not too frightening in the initial stages of development, its progression threatens serious problems.
Therefore, even if varicose veins are felt, it is very important to start fighting it right away and not wait until the disease takes effect. As a treatment in the initial phase, as well as the prevention of varicose veins, traditional medicine has proven itself very well, so we will discuss the treatment of the disease at home.
What is varicose veins
Before you start solving the problem using various means, it is important to understand what type of disease we are talking about, what are the mechanisms of its development. Varicose veins mean a pathological process accompanied by deformation of the vessels responsible for transporting blood to the heart.
Deformation, as the name suggests, means expansion, but in addition, elongation of the vein, thinning of its walls, as well as disruption of the venous valve system, which allows the blood to rise, overcoming the force of gravity.
The development of varicose veins is dangerous due to the violation of blood circulation in the vascular bed, which disrupts the systemic circulation, and stagnation occurs in the veins themselves. The more developed the disease, the more serious the consequences, all the way to the formation of subcutaneous hematomas and trophic ulcers, the development of thrombophilia. In most cases, the disease develops on the vessels of the legs, because the lower extremities are exposed to heavy loads.
Activities aimed at strengthening the vascular wall
Taking into account all the above, it is logical to assume that in order to prevent the progression of varicose veins, it is necessary to stop the deformation process, which can be done by strengthening the vascular wall. Therefore, we will now consider various techniques to achieve this goal and improve the condition of the patient as a whole.
Apple cider vinegar
One of the most common and effective remedies for treating varicose veins, however, it is very important to use natural malic vinegar and not acetic acid with flavor (both options are freely available in stores, read the description on the label carefully). The recipes look like this:
- Immediately after the bath, simply pour the vinegar on your feet where the veins are swollen, then wait until the liquid is absorbed, you don’t have to wipe it off. This procedure will help you get rid of the feeling of heaviness and soreness.
- In a similar way, you can treat problem areas by rubbing vinegar with light massage movements. It is better to do it not after bathing, but before going to bed.
- Wrapping is effective - take 2-3 times rolled gauze, dip it in apple cider vinegar, squeeze lightly and apply to problem areas. Then cover your feet with a towel over the gauze, and wrap the top with plastic wrap. In this case, it is better to raise the legs above body level. This procedure effectively removes swelling and unpleasant symptoms, lasts about 30 minutes, after which you do not need to wash your feet.
Wild chestnut against varicose veins
Another extremely effective and well-known remedy for varicose veins, with which there are many recipes, we will consider the most effective:
- Tincture on vodka or rubbing alcohol - for cooking you need 50 grams of fruit cut into small pieces, right in the rind. Put them in a glass jar, pour 250 ml of alcohol or vodka, then close the lid tightly and leave in a cool, warm place for 14 days, remembering to stir occasionally. After this period, strain the tincture and take it within 3 weeks, 15 drops before meals, three times a day.
- There is also a product for external use and for its production, 5 whole chestnuts and 5 tablespoons of this plant. Grind the indicated ingredients in a blender or coffee grinder, mix well with 500 milliliters of vegetable oil (sunflower oil is fine). Then soak the resulting mixture for 2 hours in a water bath, wait until it cools and store in the refrigerator in a glass jar. The method of application is simple, rub the ointment 1-2 times a day into problem areas on the feet.
Treating the disease with the most favorable vegetables
Vegetables such as tomatoes, potatoes, cabbage, which can be actively used for external use, have long been proven effective in the treatment of varicose veins. The treatment methods in this case are as follows:
- Tomatoes- Cut a few tomatoes into thin slices and place them on your feet where you can see the swollen veins. Then wrap your legs with some kind of fabric and wrap the elastic bandage on top, not tightly, you can leave the wrap overnight.
- Potatoesis the most democratic and at the same time very good method. You will need potato peelings, which should also be applied to the feet with the light side down, you can simply apply an elastic bandage to the top and do not remove the compress for 2-3 hours.
- Cabbageis used similarly to potatoes, but before you apply it to the legs, you need to make many small cuts on the leaves of this vegetable, following them with a knife. It is also recommended that the side of the cabbage leaf, which is next to the leg, be lubricated with vegetable oil.
Perhaps there is no industry in folk medicine in which bee waste products would not be used. Apitherapy means the use of propolis, honey, beeswax. Given the fact that almost everyone has honey in the kitchen, consider one of the best ways to use it for varicose veins:
- Take baking parchment and apply honey on it, not in a thick layer, literally no more than 2 millimeters. Then attach the honey cloth to the area of the legs where the traces of varicose veins are visible and wrap it with cling film on top. The next layer of lining is fixed with an elastic bandage, it should be kept on the leg for about two hours. However, during the therapy, which lasts 30 days, every day, in the absence of side effects on the skin, the time of application increases by an hour. Finally, the compress is applied overnight and removed only in the morning.
Applying laundry soap
Laundry soap is a natural product that, although it has an unpleasant odor, consists only of water, clay, sodium and animal and vegetable fats. Due to this chemical composition, the soap helps alleviate swelling, inflammation, even eliminates vascular "stars" and prevents the appearance of trophic ulcers. You can deal with varicose veins with laundry soap in different ways, but it is best to make ointments and make compresses:
- To prepare the compress, you will need to insist 10 tablets of acetylsalicylic acid in 250 milliliters of vodka for 2 days (only in a glass jar with a well-closed lid). After 2 days, 25 grams of soap, cut into small pieces, are mixed into the resulting solution. Then moisten the gauze folded several times in the solution and place it on the problem area of the foot, holding it for no more than 60 minutes. This method will relieve pain, relieve inflammation, and at the same time eliminate swelling.
- Ointment - in addition to soap, this recipe also includes vegetable oil (150 ml), propolis (100 g) and beeswax (100 g). First, grate 150 grams of soap, then pour sunflower or olive oil into the resulting shavings, then add propolis, honey and mix everything thoroughly. Now place the mixture in an enamel or glass bowl on a water bath and stir until the mixture is completely homogeneous. When the fat is ready, put it in a glass container that can be closed and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 months. Rub the ointment daily on those places on the legs where varicose veins are visible, it is better to do it before going to bed, and in order not to soil the laundry or things, tie the treated area with a bandage.
The benefits of the acacia flower
White acacia flower tincture is very popular, which is also effective in dealing with varicose veins in the initial stages. To prepare it, take 100 grams of dried acacia dye and pour the raw materials into a glass jar with 500 milliliters of vodka, then put them in a cool, dark place for 21 days, remembering to stir occasionally. As soon as the time is up, one piece of grated lemon is added to the tincture and kept for another week. With the resulting tincture you need to wipe your feet in the morning and evening in those places where varicose veins are localized.
Of course, treating varicose veins at home, resorting only to the help of traditional medicine, is reasonable only in the early stages of the disease. But even in this case it is worth consulting a doctor before using any drug.
In addition, doctors give a number of recommendations that, in combination with the chosen method of therapy, will improve the patient's condition and reduce the likelihood of developing pathology:
- Proper nutrition - it is very important to try to eat healthy food, excluding from the diet fatty, fried, smoked, sweet, salty and sour foods. To improve your condition, give preference to vegetables, dietary meat, fermented dairy products, vegetables and fruits. Beetroot, tomato, cabbage, sorrel, citrus fruits, blueberries, blackberries, black currants are especially useful for varicose veins.
- You can stop the disease with the help of special compression stockings, in other words, patients with any form of varicose veins must wear compression garments.
- Lead an active and mobile lifestyle, do sports, it is best to give preference to yoga, swimming, light gymnastics. Exercise daily or find a physical therapy instructor.
- It is also worth consulting your doctor about the use of medications, as in combination with traditional methods such treatment will give much better results.