With the help of folk remedies for varicose veins you can stop the development of the disease for many years. They cannot be considered as an alternative to drug treatment, but they can help alleviate edema and get rid of other negative phenomena with this disease.
The effectiveness of the folk method
Folk remedies against varicose veins help to activate the latent forces of the body and make it fight the disease on its own, but you should not consider them a cure for the disease. Many patients of the older generation first start treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies and then go to the doctor. You can't do that! First, you should always consult a phlebologist, get recommendations from him about treatment, take blood tests to determine platelet levels. All folk remedies are designed to combat the causes of the development of varicose veins, but not the consequences, so they are effective in the early stages of the disease.
Nutmeg Recipe # 1
Folk remedies against varicose veins include recipes based on nutmeg. This fruit has gained popularity thanks to the fact that it stimulates blood circulation. However, no more than one nutmeg should be consumed daily. This will lead to intoxication of the body and the appearance of hallucinations. Nutmeg for varicose veins is used as follows:
- whole nuts are ground to a powder;
- 1/3 teaspoon of the resulting product is poured with 250 ml of boiling water;
- Once the mixture has cooled, add a tablespoon of honey.
Take this soup just before breakfast. It is recommended to prepare a new portion every day, because otherwise the essential oils from the product will fade, which will negatively affect its effectiveness. Some healers recommend preparing vodka tincture using nutmeg. 200 grams of nuts are poured with 1 liter of vodka, the mixture is left to cook for 1 week. Take the drug 3 times a day, 20 drops 30 minutes before meals.
Recipe no. 2 based on honey and propolis
Honey varicose vein compresses are a common way to normalize the condition of blood vessels. The fabric is smeared with honey and then applied to the foot. Plastic foil is wrapped over the compress. If you are afraid that such a design could slip somewhere, then you can wear socks or leggings on it. Wraps are recommended before bed. You can make propolis tincture according to the following recipe:
- 20 grams of propolis is crushed and 30 grams of gray jaundice, 0, 5 lemons together with the peel are added to it;
- the resulting mixture is poured with 300 ml of vodka and insist for 3 weeks;
- ready infusion is used to rub the feet for a month.
Apitherapy for varicose veins is indicated for those people who do not suffer from allergies to bee stings. If the patient has a mild reaction to honey or propolis, this method of treating varicose veins cannot be used. The procedure is performed by a doctor. It plants a certain number of bees in a biologically active area. After the bite, the sting remains in the patient's body for some time, so that the venom completely penetrates the leg.
Recipe no. 3 of green tomatoes
Unripe tomatoes are considered an excellent folk remedy for swelling of the legs in varicose veins. Doctors theorize that unripe vegetables contain an increased amount of lycopene, so compresses of this plant perfectly relieve pain and reduce swelling of the veins. The recipe itself is pretty simple. Green tomatoes are cut into large pieces and applied to the venous nodes. It is recommended to fasten the vegetables with a bandage. Hold the compress until a burning sensation appears. Healers recommend performing the procedure at night.
Ginger recipe no. 4
The benefits of this plant are legendary! It is used to improve digestion, reduce weight, solve migraines, etc. To treat varicose veins on the legs folk remedies you will need raw ginger root. Regular dry seasoning will not work.
One of the popular remedies for toning the body, improving blood flow and relieving fatigue is tea based on this spice.
Tea is prepared quite easily: you need to cut off a small part of the root of the plant, pour boiling water over it and let it cook for ten to fifteen minutes. Take this medicine at a comfortable temperature for yourself. Ginger against varicose veins not only helps to cope with poor venous tone, but also activates metabolism, so people who take such tea gradually lose weight. Ginger compress is also effective for varicose veins. Prepare it as follows:
- The root is rubbed very finely.
- The resulting porridge is mixed with honey.
- The mixture is applied to inflamed veins for about three to four hours.
To enhance the effect of the lining, you can wrap a transparent foil on top and then wear warm pants or lie under a blanket. The duration of treatment is one month.
Horse Chestnut Recipe # 5
Treating varicose veins at home with folk remedies is rarely completely without the use of horse chestnut. The tincture is prepared on the basis of the fruit of the plant. The raw materials are crushed with a meat grinder to a state of porridge, and then placed in a three-liter jar, half filled with vodka. The mixture is infused for a month. The ratio of chestnut fruit and vodka should be one to three. Several times a week, as the mixture is poured in, it is shaken and then returned to its place.
After a month, veins damaged by varicose veins are wiped off with the finished tincture. Some healers recommend using the medicine internally, but consult your doctor beforehand, because chestnut itself is poisonous and can cause bleeding because it reduces blood clotting. The infusion can be given orally if you have an accurate increase in the number of platelets in your blood.
Recipe for viburnum # 6
As with ginger, the berries of the plant can be used to make an enriched drink or for a poultice. Viburnum compress for varicose veins is prepared in the standard way. The berries are ground to a pulp, then the mixture is spread on a bandage or cotton cloth, and then applied to the affected area. It is necessary to keep such a composition for 8-9 hours, so the compress is recommended to do before bedtime. The preparation of the drink is very simple. 500 ml of juice is obtained from viburnum berries, and then 2 tablespoons of honey are added to the liquid. Allergy sufferers can do without the last ingredient. Drink 2 tablespoons 4 times a day.
Recipe # 7 based on a mummy
This specific product is great for treating swelling and congestion. If you are not afraid of its unpleasant smell and high price, then you can make mummy wraps for varicose veins. They help well only in the early stages of the disease. Mumiyo is mixed in a ratio of 1 to 5 with Vaseline. Mix the ingredients thoroughly until smooth. Rub the resulting ointment 3 times a day into the affected areas of the feet. Wash it 1-2 hours after application. Some recommend consuming a mixture of mummy, honey and milk. It is prepared in a ratio of 1: 6: 6. The therapy lasts 1 month.
Recipe no. 8 from Adam's apple
Mackerel fruits are poisonous in themselves. You can’t eat them like snake venom, but you can use them to make homemade fat. You will need ointment (fat), Adam’s apples and a glass of water bath. The container is filled with melted pork fifteen millimeters, and then slices of Adam's apple are placed in a layer of ten millimeters. The process is repeated until all the ingredients are used up. The last layer should be lard. After that, the pan is slowly put on the fire, the resulting mixture is heated, then filtered, cooled and used instead of fat 2 times a day. In a similar way, you can cook pumpkin against varicose veins.
Recipe no. 9 of lemon
Treatment of varicose veins with lemon can be external and internal. Unfortunately, regular tea with these citrus fruits will by no means help improve venous tone, but pure lemon juice is a good way to prevent further vascular destruction. You can make a compress of lemon. To do this, cut the citrus into circles and apply them to the affected areas. You need to wear such a compress all day, changing the circles to fresh every 3-4 hours. Of course, for a firm fastening the leg is wrapped in bandages.
Potato recipe # 10
This folk remedy is the most affordable, because this root vegetable can be bought in any vegetable store. Treatment of varicose veins in the legs in women with potatoes is carried out as follows:
- The root is washed and peeled, then grated on a medium grater.
- The resulting slurry spreads to the site damaged by the disease.
- Wrap 8 layers of bandage or gauze over the potatoes, and then fix everything with transparent foil.
The compress should be kept for about 4 hours. It is prepared from fresh potatoes. Laying potatoes are not suitable for these purposes.
Onion Recipe # 11
Onion peel is effective in varicose veins, not just vegetables. You can use it to boost your immune system, eat it raw or cook some meals with it. Onion skins can be prepared in one of the following ways:
- Pour 2 tablespoons of chopped onion peel with 500 ml of boiling water. The mixture was given for 6 hours and then filtered. Take it 3 times a day, 75 ml. The course of treatment is 10 days.
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion peel is poured into 100 ml of vodka. The mixture is given for 7 days in a cool and dark place. The resulting tincture is taken 20 drops a day 3 times a day 15 minutes before meals. The course of treatment is 14 days.
Recipe # 12 based on fish oil
Fish oil for varicose veins is most often taken orally. This product allows you to speed up the metabolism and solve the stagnation of fluid in the limbs.
If for one reason or another you do not like to take such a drug, then you can make a compress out of it. To do this, fish oil and honey are mixed in a ratio of 1 to 1. The resulting mixture is spread on a cotton cloth or gauze, and then it is wrapped around the limb affected by varicose veins. Healers recommend May honey for a wrap, but if you don’t have it on hand, you can take any other variety.
Celery Recipe # 13
Treating leg veins with folk remedies is not always easy. Celery for varicose veins is contraindicated for eating, but can be added to carrot juice along with spinach.
Drink the resulting drink immediately. The ratio of carrot juice and other ingredients is 7: 3: 3.
Garlic Recipe # 14
Garlic for varicose veins is effective in the form of compresses. In this recipe, healers directly use the composition of this plant. It contains many essential oils that naturally irritate the vascular walls. Prepare a garlic compress for varicose veins as follows:
- Garlic, together with the peel, is chopped to a mushy state.
- Add 1 to 2 butter to the finely chopped product.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- The resulting ointment is applied to the affected veins before bedtime, and a bandage is wound on it. The duration of treatment is 1 month.
Recipe # 15 based on wormwood
Among the folk remedies against varicose veins on the legs, those that contain wormwood are considered effective in the second stage of the disease. This herb promotes blood thinning, so it is effective in the second stage of the disease. The plant also stimulates digestion, improves the outflow of bile from the liver and boosts overall metabolism. When used properly, the plant contributes to the destruction of pathogenic microflora in the body. Wormwood for varicose veins can be used in different ways:
- The simplest recipe is to add 3 tablespoons of chopped herbs in a 500 ml jar and then pour vodka over the top. You need to insist on the medicine for 14 days. Once the tincture is ready, it is used to lubricate the damaged areas of the feet.
- Sour milk is taken from the plant for dressing. It is mixed with wormwood leaves and heads. The result should be porridge. It is applied to the feet. The limbs are bandaged. Such a compress is recommended to do at night.
Despite the fact that wormwood is one of the effective herbs against varicose veins, it should not be used for thrombophlebitis.
Shipkov recipe # 16
Folk recipes for varicose veins often include bar-based decoctions. Indeed, this plant has a rich vitamin composition. It contains magnesium, phosphorus, essential oils and other useful substances. But by itself, a pomegranate with varicose veins will not force the body to regenerate. Rosehip tincture must be taken in small doses, because it can cause blood clots and arrhythmias. For that reason, varicose veins can be treated with this plant only after the official approval of a doctor. Doctors recommend rod treatment in the following cases:
- with severe mental or physical fatigue;
- with exacerbation of cholecystitis, to facilitate bile outflow;
- if the skin is very flaky due to vitamin deficiency;
- if you have digestive problems.
The tincture is not difficult to prepare. Pour 15 grams of herbs with 500 ml of boiling water, then wait for the soup to cool.
Do not take this medicine on an empty stomach. It can be eaten only after meals. It is recommended to take about 100 ml of soup 3 times a day. In case of a cold, you can add raspberries to the bar. This soup activates the body's immune system.
Nettle recipe # 17
Nettle against varicose veins helps to get rid of a large number of platelets. The treatment can be carried out with the help of specialized decoctions, as well as other methods. Treating the affected areas with a nettle broom is considered to be especially effective for treating varicose veins. The movements should be from the feet to the hips. The first few hours the treated areas will itch, but then everything will pass. The advantage of this procedure is the activation of the bloodstream.
An herbal remedy for varicose veins also involves taking nettle-based decoctions. 2 tablespoons of dried leaves of the plant must be crushed and then added to a thermos, pouring 2 cups of boiling water. The product should be infused for 3-4 hours. After the infusion is ready, it is consumed 1/3 of the total volume 3 times a day. When the liquids run out, you still need to cook.
Recipe # 18 based on aloe
With the help of aloe, varicose veins can be treated only in the initial stages. The plant promotes tissue regeneration, but by itself there is no need to help with disease. Combination with drug therapy is recommended. Aloe vera can be used in the following ways:
- Rub your feet with aloe juice. This will help relieve muscle cramps and reduce leg swelling.
- Mix 100 grams of aloe juice with 5 grams of mummy. The feet are lubricated twice a day for 28 days. This drug also promotes healing of minor skin injuries, but should not be used for trophic ulcers.
- Mix kalanchoe juice and aloe in equal proportions, then add 30 ml of vodka. Stir the mixture thoroughly, then rub it into your feet.
- Mix equal parts of aloe juice, burdock and olive oil, then rub the resulting mixture on the feet 2 times a day for 1, 5 months.
Recipe # 19 based on Golden Mustache
Collision is known as a universal remedy for various diseases. The effectiveness of the plant in treating various diseases is very easy to explain. It has a rich composition. Using a golden mustache for varicose veins along with other herbs has a stronger effect than using one plant. To improve blood flow, it is recommended to use the following folk remedy for varicose veins:
- 3-4 finely chopped leaves of golden mustache mixed with 2 cups of honey;
- add the juice of 6 lemons and 5 crushed garlic cloves to the mixture;
- components are mixed thoroughly, covered with a glass jar and given an infusion for 7 days.
The resulting mixture is taken 2 teaspoons 2 times a day for a month. This composition will help get rid of complications in varicose veins and reduce serious edema.
Recipe lilac # 20
Lilac tincture for varicose veins is made from leaves according to the standard scheme, ie. fill them with half a 500 ml jar, then add vodka there. The mixture is infused for a week and then the limbs are coated with the resulting drug. It is allowed to use the flowers of this plant instead of the leaves. Traditional healers recommend the use of lilac bark in the fight against venous nodules. It is applied to the affected area and fixed with a bandage on top. You need to wear such a compress all day.
Recipe # 21 based on flax seeds
Use flaxseed for varicose veins if severe swelling is noticed. This product will help you get rid of excess fluid. Folk healers recommend using a decoction of flax seeds every 2 hours. Prepare it as follows:
- Put 500 ml of water on the fire and bring to the boil;
- add 4 tablespoons of flax seeds; The mixture is boiled for 15 minutes, then cooled and filtered if necessary.
Take the resulting broth should be 4 tablespoons every 2 hours until the swelling becomes smaller. Be sure to read the contraindications for its use before using the product. They are located on the seed package.
Mud recipe no. 22
Doctors are ambiguous about treating varicose veins with mud. Some experts say these procedures improve blood circulation, help the body get rid of toxins, while others claim they can harm.
Mud in varicose veins should be cold. At home, peloid therapy is performed using body wraps. You will need:
- wooden bowl and spoon (metal cannot be used);
- transparent foil;
- dirt (available at the pharmacy or beauty);
- various add-ons.
Clay can be added to the mud in some cases. These components work well with each other. The mixture is diluted with room temperature water until sour cream appears, and then applied to the areas affected by varicose veins. This composition is kept on the skin for 1-2 hours. If you feel dry or cramped, rinse off the dirt, check your body for allergies, and apply a moisturizer.
Recipe # 23 from carrots
Carrot tops for varicose veins have been used for 30 years. The top of the plant can be obtained by any summer resident. Before preparing the tincture from this part of the vegetables it is necessary to wash the leaves with boiling water. This manipulation will release the plant with a bitter taste. A medicine to treat varicose veins can be prepared according to one of these recipes:
- For the soup, 10 tablespoons of finely chopped tops are mixed with 2 liters of water. The resulting mixture is heated over low heat, filtered and then taken 20 ml 3 times a day. The duration of treatment is 14 days.
- One tablespoon of dry raw material is poured with 500 ml of boiled water, infused for 1 hour, and then consumed in 100 ml 3 times a day.
- A more concentrated infusion is prepared in a thermos. Pour 1 tablespoon of herbs with a glass of boiling water, then let it cook for 30 minutes. Once the infusion has cooled, drink everything. Take up to 5 servings of this product daily.
Clay recipe # 24
This fine-grained sedimentary rock is used in various cosmetic procedures. Best used to treat vascular diseases, blue clay. It penetrates perfectly through skin barriers and contains many useful trace elements. The most popular is the following clay recipe:
- 200-300 grams of dry raw materials are diluted with water to the consistency of thick sour cream;
- the resulting mixture is applied to areas where the veins are swollen (layer thickness - 2 cm);
- a terry towel is placed on the skin with clay;
- , if you want, you can fix the application with transparent foil.
Keep the resulting product on your feet for at least 2 hours. Folk healers recommend applying every day. The duration of treatment is 1, 5 months. After improving the feet, a thick mixture of clay can be replaced with a terry towel soaked in a solution of clay.
Remember, clay is not for everyone. If you have sensitive skin, replace blue clay with red or pink if it is dry or irritated. If acne occurs, the product must be discarded.
Recipe # 25 from hydrogen peroxide
This folk technique is considered a bit dangerous for health, especially for the pancreas, so a doctor's consultation is required. Hydrogen peroxide from varicose veins is used in two ways. The first is taking the drug orally. 1 drop of peroxide is diluted in 3 tablespoons of water and eaten 2 hours after a meal. The concentration of the substance increases by 1 drop daily, which leads to 10 drops. Then take a break of 72 hours and start taking 10 drops every 2 days. Take a break of 3 days between doses.
The second method is more invasive. The patient prepares 0, 015% hydrogen peroxide solution and then injects it intravenously drop by drop. If you have no experience in such manipulations, then it is better not to do it. This introduction of hydrogen enhances the release of atomic oxygen. The walls of the blood vessels are purified, so the edema disappears. The maximum applied dose of the substance at the same time is 250 ml.
Duration and rules of treatment with folk remedies
One of the main factors influencing the effectiveness of alternative treatment is the stage of the disease. Slightly stretching blood vessels will help alleviate edema, improve skin condition and restore venous tone. Knowing what varicose veins are afraid of, you can prevent its further development, but you should not completely stop treatment after the symptoms of the disease disappear. You will need to repeat the procedures with folk remedies that came to you every 3-4 months to prevent recurrence. Rules of treatment:
- Mix the ingredients in the ratio recommended in the recipes.
- In case of burns, itching and other incomprehensible reactions, stop using the product.
- Use the finished medicine throughout the recommended treatment period, not until the first improvements.
- Store in a cool place to prevent premature deterioration.
Combination with traditional methods of treatment
The introduction of traditional medicine in drug therapy is possible only with the permission of a phlebologist. Remember that at least 2 hours should pass between the use of tinctures and various tablets. When using folk remedies, you should be aware that they cannot replace medicines, although some healers claim that this is not the case. In addition, some home remedies can pose a risk to life, so treatment with such methods must be carried out very carefully.
Possible risks and contraindications
Folk remedies are not a cure. They themselves can cause allergies and other negative reactions from the body. The use of traditional medicine is contraindicated for the following diseases:
- diseases of the stomach and intestines;
- blood clotting problems;
- liver and kidney disease;
- advanced stage of varicose veins followed by venous thrombosis.
Patients must discuss their treatment with their doctor. Self-prescribing traditional medicine without examining the body is not recommended.