Varicose veins are a dangerous and insidious disease, which in an advanced stage is full of trophic ulcers and thrombophlebitis, until limb amputation. With the appearance of the first signs of the disease can help treat varicose veins on the legs folk remedies - with the help of herbal decoctions, tinctures and ointments.
What is a varicose vein in the legs?
Many older people are well aware of what varicose veins are, although this disease is increasingly manifested in young people. We are talking about swelling of the veins under the skin, mainly on the legs, the veins swell and become cyanotic, protruding like a bump. As the stage progresses, cracks and pigment spots appear, venous “clusters” grow that burst after the impact.
It is necessary to use folk remedies for varicose veins of the lower extremities at the first characteristic symptoms:
- pain and fatigue in the legs;
- swelling of the feet;
- night cramps;
- protruding veins;
- bruises and red spots.
Is it possible to cure varicose veins with folk remedies?
So far, discussions have erupted between representatives of official and traditional medicine, whether folk remedies help with varicose veins. But most doctors tend to believe that in the initial stages and in combination with medications, decoctions and ointments give a good result. This disease is more often manifested in people who spend the working day on their feet, so these means are important to them as preventive measures.
When choosing components, it is recommended to buy those that are easy to prepare and can be stored in the cold for a long time. Folk remedies against varicose veins help:
- removal of swelling;
- improve the elasticity of venous walls;
- reduce blood viscosity, accelerate blood flow;
- normalize relaxed valves.
Folk remedies against varicose veins
There are many recipes for treating varicose veins with folk remedies on the legs. With a large load on the limbs, it is recommended to pour cold water on them in the evening, take baths with soups, wipe sore spots with ice cubes. Contrasting showers and swimming help strengthen veins.
Long-term folk remedies against varicose veins include the use of herbs in:
- bells and whistles;
- rubbing with oil;
Herbs against varicose veins
The main component of such treatment are medicinal plants, because in varicose veins on the legs are used both internally and externally, in combination with drugs and separately, but at the beginning of the disease. During the disease, the vessels lose their elasticity, expand, decoctions and tinctures help to restore metabolic processes, strengthen the walls of capillaries.
Such treatment of varicose veins on the legs is recommended folk remedies:
- Heat a burdock leaf in a water bath, apply warmly to the sore spot, fix the compress overnight. You can repeat this for a few days.
- Moisten the bandage with celandine juice and apply on the swollen vein for 4 hours. The course is designed for a week.
- Boil chamomile soup, insist for half an hour. You make a compress at night.
Essential oils for varicose veins
Doctors recommend that even in the use of herbs to comply with the measure, many plants that offer folk remedies for varicose veins on the legs contain toxic substances, an overdose of which can be harmful. Wraps and decoctions are more effective if you do therapeutic exercises, alternating with a contrast shower.
Proven experience in the treatment of varicose veins on the legs folk remedies include the use of essential oils, remove pain and swelling, tone and strengthen blood vessels. They are added to baths, compresses and rubbing. It is recommended to mix with base oils: almond, olive, avocado, cocoa, shea, coconut, almond.
The best essential oils for treating varicose veins:
Essential Oil Blend Recipe
- spruce essential oil - 10 drops;
- peppermint essential oil - 10 drops;
- almond oil - 1 tbsp.
- Melt the almond oil, cool.
- Mix with the essential.
- Rub sore spots in the evening.
Natural remedies against varicose veins
It is best to use natural folk remedies against varicose veins on the legs, the disease is well treated with a mixture of mummy, pollen and honey, the ratio is 1 to 5 and up to 20. For one dose of mummy is put 0, 3 g, the mixture is taken orallymorning and evening, the course is designed for a month and then you need a break of 10 days. Relieves pain and swelling, improves blood composition.
Effective treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies
For many years, the treatment of varicose veins on the legs has been popular with folk remedies such as flaxseed decoction and apple cider vinegar. The latter contains more than 20 mineral substances useful for blood vessels, helps to establish blood circulation, relieves swelling and strengthens the walls of veins. It is recommended to take 1 tbsp. spoon for 1 tbsp. water on an empty stomach. Minus - you can’t drink people with high acidity.
Similar situation - with lemon recipes, its juice increases the elasticity of blood vessels, it is recommended to drink 1 tablespoon a day. spoon. A good effect is given by treatment with folk remedies at home with the help of nettle tincture, which is also attributed to the rejuvenating effect, dilutes the blood, improves blood flow.
Nettle tincture recipe
- dry nettle leaves - 6-7 tbsp. spoons;
- vodka - 0, 5 l.
- Pour vodka over the raw material, leave for 2-3 days.
- Drink 1 tbsp. spoon three times daily before meals.
Infusions for varicose veins
In nothing, folk recipes for varicose veins pay special attention to nettles, it helps to solve a large number of platelets, which is extremely important in this disease. From ancient times the nettle broom was considered the best medicine, the movement should go from the feet to the hips. Blood flow is strongly activated, but not everyone can tolerate such treatment. Due to that, there is a greater demand for water infusion from this plant.
Recipe for nettle infusion
- dry nettle leaves - 2 tbsp. spoons;
- water - 2 tbsp.
- Pour boiling water over the raw materials in a thermos.
- Insist 3-4 hours, drink a third of the volume three times a day.
Broths for varicose veins
Treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies from decoctions of flowers and fruits. The calculation is based on 30 g of raw materials per 1 liter of water, the mixture is boiled for half an hour and then used for baths or lotions. There are recipes for the drink, but you have to take it for at least 3 months, the effect does not appear immediately. Herbal teas help eliminate inflammation and improve the condition of veins.
Recipes for decoctions for varicose veins for baths:
- White willow bark.Pour 75 g of dry raw materials with 1 liter of water, cook for 30 minutes.
- Marigold flowers.Cultivated 4 tbsp. spoons of dried flowers in 0, 5 liters of water, cook 25-30 minutes.
Homemade ointment for varicose veins
Recipes for medicinal mixtures for such a disease have been passed down in the family for a long time, and today many people make ointment for varicose veins with their own hands, folk remedies are very affordable. Based on vegetable oils, doctors recommend more olive oil, which contains the beneficial arachidonic acid. Diluted with animal fat, wormwood, willow bark and celandine are added from the herbs. You can use a thick baby cream as a base. Apply the mixture overnight, rinse in the morning with warm water.
But it is important to consider that such fats are good for mild disease, if the disease has started, more effective ingredients are needed. Folk remedies against varicose veins recommend chestnut, its fruits contain many glycosides, which improve capillary permeability, blood circulation and eliminate inflammation.
Horse Chestnut Fat Recipe
- dried chestnuts - 6 pcs. ;
- dried chestnut flowers - 2 tbsp. spoons.
- Grind fruits and flowers in a blender.
- Drizzle with vegetable oil from 1 to 10.
- Insist in the dark for 10 days.
- Boil for 40 minutes, cool.
- Lubricate sore spots 2 times a day.
Effective traditional methods of treating varicose veins
Varicose veins are becoming more common in the population. There are many reasons for this: from immobility to vascular weakness and heredity. Modern medicine offers many cures for this disease. But many people prefer folk remedies for varicose veins. Their effectiveness will be discussed in the article.
Bandages, dressings and wraps
There are actually a lot of folk recipes for varicose veins. People have long realized that the true cure for many diseases is growing under our feet. And we learned how to use them properly.
Among the traditional methods of treating varicose veins, there are several ways:
- tinctures for ingestion;
- vegetable fats;
- applications, etc.
Treatment of varicose veins at home involves both alternating use of these methods and simultaneous use.
Grated raw potatoes
It’s easy to make a wrap from raw potatoes, but it has to be fresh. The potatoes must be peeled, washed, grated, then laid on a gauze or cloth (which must first be soaked in potato juice) and wrapped around the sore feet. This compress should last about four hours.
Many people know the recipe for treating varicose veins with unripe tomatoes. There are many positive reviews on the Internet, this tool really helps to get rid of varicose veins at home.
You need to take some green tomatoes, cut each lengthwise. Apply half of the tomato on the affected areas, hold until it burns.
It's better to do this in the summer - winter tomatoes from the store will bring little benefit.
Then remove and place the other half. Repeat the procedure four times. After two weeks of using this medicine, swelling, pain, veins become less noticeable.
At home you can treat varicose veins with bee products (propolis, honey). Folk recipes recommend making honey compresses for varicose veins. A layer of honey should be applied to the fabric and then wrapped around the affected leg.
Keep the compress on the first day for two hours, the second - three, then - four. And then the compress should be left overnight. After 2 weeks of using this medicine, the symptoms of the disease disappear.
Rubbing and alcohol tincture
In the treatment of varicose veins, rubbing and oral alcohol are also quite effective.
This honey and onion rub helps with varicose veins:
- Take half a cup of honey, it should be herbs.
- Grate two onions.
- Mix honey, onion and grated soap.
- Rub this mixture on the affected areas of the feet, wrap with foil.
- Bend at the top.
In the first run, remove the movie after two hours, in the second - after three, the next day - after four. Then you can leave it overnight. The procedure must be performed within ten days in order to achieve the best possible effect.
There are other effective ways to prevent and treat varicose veins.
Fresh kalanchoe leaves
Only fresh kalanchoe leaves are needed to prepare the tincture. There should be enough of them to fill a half-liter jar. Then you need to fill the raw material with vodka to the top, seal tightly, put in a dark place.
After two weeks, strain and rub the painful leg veins with tincture. This must be done strictly every day, otherwise there will be no results. After a month the stars will disappear.
The roots of this pungent-smelling swamp also help resolve varicose veins. To prepare the tincture you will need about 3 tablespoons of rosemary root.
Pour vodka or alcohol, put in a cool place, protected from light for 2 weeks. Then strain, rub sore feet with this tincture every day for a month. Better to do it before bed. After two weeks the result of the treatment will be noticeable.
Green, unripe walnuts are what you need to treat walnuts. They are removed from the tree in late June and early July. Nuts must be peeled, ground in a coffee grinder or by hand.
Pour 100 grams into a bottle of vodka. It takes ten days to insist on a well-sealed container. Shake the bowl every day.
They strengthen the walls of blood vessels and capillaries, making them strong and flexible, which prevents abnormal dilation or damage.
The tincture can be used both internally and for rubbing. It should be drunk twenty drops three times a day half an hour before meals. Drink for ten days, then pause the same number of days, then repeat the course.
This medicine strengthens blood vessels well, helps reduce swelling and pain, relieves weight in the legs. It is able to remove spider veins as well as prevent the appearance of new ones. Rub this tincture on your feet once a day, preferably before bed for a month.
Infusions and decoctions
Treatment with folk remedies involves the use of various decoctions, herbal infusions. There are a lot of such recipes. There are quite a few herbs that can cure varicose veins.
Which herbs help with this disease? First of all - horse chestnut. There is the same information in any reference book about how useful this plant is for varicose veins. It is able to strengthen the vascular wall, normalize blood circulation, relieve swelling, relieve pain and cramps.
This amazing plant only grows in the mountains. It is useless to look for it in the middle lane.
It looks like a tree with beautiful pink flowers and round prickly fruits. They are used to prepare tinctures, decoctions, ointments, etc.
Contraindications for this useful plant:
- pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- chronic kidney and liver disease;
- hormonal imbalance.
In addition to wild chestnut, other medicinal plants for this disease are known:
- birch (bark and leaves);
- verbena; St. John's wort;
- white acacia;
- plantain, etc.
You can suggest other recipes for treating the disease.
Infusion of Antonov apples
Anton's apples are characterized by a delicate unique aroma and sour taste. But few people know that an infusion can help them with this disease. To prepare it, you will need 300 grams of Antonov apples.
You have to peel them, chop them, cut the apples. Along with the peel, chopped apples should be poured with a liter of water and put on low heat.
Once the water boils, keep on the fire for another 20 minutes. Then cool, take three times half a cup of infusion before meals. Contraindications to taking this recipe are increased stomach acidity and a tendency to hypertension.
This recipe requires 50 grams of hops in hops. They should be poured with half a liter of boiling water and put on the fire. After boiling, hold for a few more minutes.
The finished infusion will need to be rubbed into the skin of the feet from the feet to the knees twice a day for 3 months.
Then remove from heat, drain, cool. Drink a quarter cup twice a day after meals. You cannot use this recipe for those who suffer from low blood pressure, gastritis, pancreatitis.
Collections of several useful plants are often used to treat this disease. But be sure to check the contraindications before using them.
Some fees worth proposing:
- Take yarrow plant, raspberry root, plantain, chamomile, horse chestnut in equal proportions. Pour half a liter of boiling water, put on fire. After boiling, remove, leave to infuse overnight. Drink a third of a glass twice a day.
- Horse chestnut, oak bark, birch bark, horsetail, astragalus, immortelle, Iceland moss are taken in equal proportions, mixed, poured a liter of boiling water, insist, strain, cool. Drink a quarter cup 4 p. per day.
- Take nettle, yarrow, St. John's wort, marshmallow root in equal amounts, pour a liter of boiling water, insist. Strain, drink half a glass after meals four times a day.
These recipes should be used for a month and then take a break. After that you can repeat the course. However, when using these products, you should be careful about the appearance of side effects. Skin rash or diarrhea may occur. In this case, the intake of medicinal herbs should be stopped.
Varicose Vein Baths
In addition to various infusions and rubs, you can also make foot baths. At the same time, herbal decoctions and various essential oils are added. It is good to add baking soda or apple cider vinegar to the water.
The following herbal bath preparation may be advised:
Take herbs in equal amounts, pour a liter of boiling water, insist, strain. Pour into the tub (about 5 liters), lower your feet into it. The water should not be very hot. Keep your feet until the water has cooled completely. Then apply the healing ointment.
It should be reminded that this disease can not be cured only by folk remedies. Be sure to use medications prescribed by your doctor. Traditional medicine should help only the main treatment. Its advantage is the minimal number of contraindications.
Treatment of varicose veins on the legs folk remedies
One of the components of complex therapy of varicose veins in the lower extremities is the use of alternative medicine methods. There is a large list of traditional medicines that help to quickly reduce the symptoms of varicose veins. They are also widely used to prevent pathology.
Folk remedies for varicose veins on the legs: benefits and benefits
Varicose veins refer to vascular pathologies, the development of which can be fatal. Therefore, at the manifestation of the slightest signs of the disease, you should immediately seek qualified medical help.
Often in medical practice in the initial stage of disease development, phlebologists, in addition to drug therapy, recommend the use of traditional medicine. The great popularity of such therapeutic methods is easily explained by a number of advantages:
- They have a strong therapeutic effect.
- Easy to use.
- Minimum list of contraindications.
- A large selection of products allows you to choose the most suitable recipe for each case individually.
- Availability of folk remedies. Hypoallergenic.
- The naturalness of the components.
- Pleasant aromas.
- Long-term preservation of medicinal properties.
- Possibility of combined use with methods of conservative therapy and several types of natural remedies.
Despite the high efficiency of treating varicose veins at home, there are a number of contraindications in which the use of traditional medicine is strictly prohibited. These conditions include:
- Advanced stages of varicose veins.
- Individual intolerance to the components of natural medicine.
- Dermatological eruptions and other types of skin damage.
- Chronic pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract, especially the stomach and intestines.
- Liver and kidney diseases.
Ignoring the contraindications for the use of traditional drugs against varicose veins leads to a deterioration in general health and the rapid development of the disease.
Treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies, their proper and regular use, promotes:
- Elimination of pathology symptoms.
- Strengthening venous walls and restoring their elasticity.
- Normalization of blood and lymph flow.
- Alleviation of inflammatory processes occurring in the affected areas of the veins
The use of traditional medicine in the treatment of varicose veins should be carried out only in consultation with a doctor. The specialist will, taking into account the clinical picture of the disease and the general health of the patient, select the most appropriate drugs based on natural ingredients.
Which helps with varicose veins in the legs
Unlike synthetic pharmaceuticals, natural remedies have minimal negative effects on the body in the form of side effects. Therefore, before treating varicose veins with folk remedies, you should undergo a consultative examination by a phlebologist and naturopath.
Experts from a wide range will help you choose the most suitable means for the preparation of medicines for external and local use.
The following natural ingredients are most commonly used to treat varicose veins in the legs:
- Nutmeg Helps stimulate blood flow, reduce inflammation from the affected areas of the venous walls. It is used for daily preparation of an infusion that must be drunk every morning.
- Vegetable oils. The most effective is olive oil which contains a high concentration of arachidonic acid. Under its influence, the tone of the vascular walls grows and their structure strengthens. Oils are the basis of ointments for varicose veins.
- Essential oils: castor oil, flaxseed, black cumin, garlic and sandalwood. It is used for balneotherapy and massage. It helps strengthen the walls of blood vessels and remove puffiness in the legs.
- Bee products: propolis, honey, sea buckthorn, bee venom. It is used to prepare various types of medicines and procedures. This is due to the presence in their composition of a large number of useful substances that have a therapeutic effect on blood vessels and blood circulation.
- White cabbage. It contains a large amount of vitamins and minerals. It is most often used to prepare compresses on the affected areas of the veins.
- Ginger. An effective folk remedy in the fight against varicose veins at any stage of the disease and during prevention. As a rule, it is used for the preparation of medicinal teas and compositions for compresses.
- Fish oil. Oral administration helps to normalize metabolic processes in the body and stabilize body weight, which is important in the treatment of varicose veins. Also, grease is effective as one of the components of the coating.
- Blue clay. It is the most optimal of all varieties, because it maximally affects the affected vessel walls and stabilizes blood flow. Used to create applications.
The list of traditional medicines used to treat varicose veins on the legs is very large. Viburnum, pumpkin, lemon, potato, Adam's apple, hydrogen peroxide, sea salt, bodyaga and mummy also have a high therapeutic effect.
When treating varicose veins at home with folk remedies, it is important to systematically affect the body, and especially the work of the organs of the vascular system. An important factor is the strengthening of the general state of human health.
Medicines based on natural ingredients do these tasks perfectly. Oral intake of folk remedies against varicose veins on the legs helps to normalize blood flow in the body and strengthens its immune system.
Taking folk remedies from the inside should be carried out only according to the doctor's instructions. Many drugs suitable for the treatment of varicose veins can cause serious complications in the work of other organs of the body.
Traditional medicine is not the main way to treat varicose veins in the legs. Systematic use of natural remedies can significantly accelerate the dynamics of recovery and improve the general condition of the vascular system.