Currently, the varicose veins on the legs is a very common disease. The incidence in women is 3 times higher than in men. This is due to the anatomical structure of the vessels, their location and pregnancy.
In recent decades there has been a "rejuvenation" of the disease — often the varicose veins on the legs, signs of which are already pronounced, there are even students. The who classifies venous disease to life-threatening diseases, "shooting first feet, and then in the heart", for his deadly complications.
Varicose veins on legs causes
Unlike arteries, veins have valves that reverse the flow of blood impossible. For violation of these valves, with the existing imbalance in the body is collagen and elastin dramatically reduces the elasticity of the walls, there is thinning and stretching. As a result, the valves and vessels do not cope with their functions, there is a reverse flow develops a stagnation. This mechanism of varicose veins.
In the formation of varicose veins on the legs are the causes which lead to its development, several.
This is one of the main causes of varicose veins on the legs — it is defined in 1/3 of patients with this disease. The presence of varicose disease in close relatives (parents, grandmothers, great-grandmothers) the probability of occurrence of the disease is 70%. Hereditary factor is not a disease but a genetically determined anatomic structure of vessels:
- congenital defective valves;
- underdeveloped connective tissue of the walls of the veins.
- pregnancy and childbirth;
- treatment with drugs or hormones used in contraception.
- thin vascular mesh purple - blue color;
- pain, fatigue, burning sensation or itching in the legs by the evening;
- numbness or twitching of muscles at night.
- the skin at the site of varicose veins on the legs thickened, scaly, covered with bluish spots;
- pain in the calf muscles become a permanent nature, aggravated by walking;
- appear venous nodes, accompanied by pain on palpation.
- bleeding, which may occur from a slight shock, stop him hard.
- 1. Medication: prescribed depending on the condition of the vessels (after the results of the survey vessels on ultrasound or contrast venografii), venotoniki, NSAIDs, anticoagulants. Perhaps the use of drugs of these groups locally in the form of gels, ointments, creams.
- 2. Compression treatment wearing special socks, at least — the use of elastic bandages.
- 3. Pneumatic massage improves tissue nutrition, leading to improved venous blood flow.
- 4. Sclerotherapy is the introduction of drugs into a vein, blocking the blood flow through it. There is a gradual atrophy of the vessel, it disappears.
- 5. Laser coagulation of blood vessels is the most modern method. Performed under General anesthesia, a positive result occurs within a month.
- 1. Walking is better than standing.
- 2. Sitting is better than standing.
- 3. Lie better than sitting.
- periodically elevate feet on the table or on the level of the heart to improve blood flow;
- you can put feet on the stand and with force to pull up the toes a few times — it will reduce venous pressure;
- break for 10 minute walk or warm-up legs after each hour of sitting;
- in all cases, physical exertion (exercise, running, training on the simulator), as well as during pregnancy, before flying on a plane for long journeys by car need to use compression hosiery.
- Contraindicated with varicose veins in the legs:
- overeating, eating large amounts of spicy, salty, oily;
- alcohol, Smoking;
- lifting and carrying heavy loads;
- a hot bath more than 10 minutes with the higher temperature of 36.70 C, saunas, solariums;
- warming treatments;
- hormonal drugs, including birth control;
- heel more than 4 cm (calf muscles begin to decline partially, which leads to impaired venous circulation).
In this regard, the varicose veins on the legs, signs of which are found in varying degrees in young people of both sexes and even children, are so widespread.
Hormonal imbalance in the body
With varicose veins on legs causes of its development are varied, but among them the most important is the hormonal imbalance that occurs when:
Female sex hormones (progesterone, etc) and their analogues cause the destruction of collagen in the vein walls. This greatly reduces their tone.
Inflammatory processes of genital organs
Inflammation in the pelvic organs, can lead to hormonal disorders and changes of blood flow in small veins. The result is a communication between veins and arteries, increasing the volume and pressure of blood in the veins. They dilate the valves do not stand up reverse of blood flow, appear varices.
The tone of all vessels are regulated by nerve endings. If certain operations (stress, depression, neurosis, etc.) is a violation of the nervous regulation of venous tone decreases and the diameter of the vessels increases.
Physical overload leads to increased pressure in the veins. When large static loads (weight of the body, carrying heavy loads, pregnancy and childbirth, prolonged standing up without movement) significantly enhanced pressure in the veins. The risk groups are the sellers, teachers, barbers, porters.
A sedentary lifestyle or work
The scourge of modern life — "computer.". Leg muscles are a kind of "pump": when they decrease venous blood is moving up faster. In the sitting position the muscles don't contract, except for Togo — veins are clamped, their tone is reduced, is a violation of blood circulation.
Increased intra-abdominal pressure leads to increased pressure in leg veins that disrupts the operation of the valves. This occurs with long-term constipation, sneezing, coughing.
To the development of varicose veins on the legs can lead to reduced immunity, injuries. Plays a role sexual identity. In connection with a genetic predisposition women have varicose veins on the legs, signs of which can be expressed in different ways, far more common than in men. Men go to the doctor when dangerous complications and no operative treatment to do is impossible.
Varicose veins legs symptoms
If varicose veins on the legs are the first symptoms of the disease may be pronounced, and not immediately draw attention to themselves. These include:
Progression of changes in venous vessels, the varicose veins on the legs first the symptoms worse, and complaints are becoming more:
In the future, when varicose veins on the legs are signs of disease increase and edema. They are a signal that the veins can not cope with its function. This period dangerous complications that can lead to death:
Therefore, the varicose veins on the legs, signs of which are growing, need time to heal because of possible complications. Thrombophlebitis (inflammation of the inner vein walls) promotes the formation of blood clots that can block blood flow in the vessel (phlebothrombosis), or, separated, to go with the flow of blood to the lungs (thromboembolism), which can result in death.
To avoid lethal complications need timely appeal to phlebologist (angiohirurgu) and check blood clotting.
Varicose veins legs treatment
If you have symptoms of varicose veins on legs treatment should begin immediately. Currently, medicine has made significant advances in the treatment of this pathology.
If you discovered first signs of varicose veins on the legs, treatment is still possible without surgery consists of several procedures:
A major role in the treatment of varicose veins plays therapy, aimed at restoring the tone of the venous walls.
Varicose veins on legs prevention
With varicose veins on legs prevention in the broad sense consists of three rules:
In order for the veins to function properly, the leg muscles need to contract. Or the legs should be in a horizontal raised position with straight knees.
If a person is forced to stand for long or sit — it is in the high risk group. For the good circulation of venous blood should be contraction of the muscles of the legs and heart. Therefore, the varicose veins on legs prevention are an active lifestyle that includes, where possible:
– walking at a fast pace;
Physical activity should not be prolonged.
With a long standing — "to cross from foot to foot, wiggling his toes.
Prevention prolonged sitting position:
It is impossible to self-medicate. At the first sign of varicose veins, you must consult a doctor and start the treatment — this will help to avoid severe complications.