Varicose veins on the legs is one of the most serious ills of the XXI century. A sedentary way of life, the constant rush, lack of response to the signals of the body leads to serious health problems.
Varicose veins (or varicose veins folk) is swelling under the skin of the peripheral veins due to stagnation of blood. Swollen blood vessels are dark blue, then purple. Later, ulcers, blood clots, a person suffers from pains in the legs. How to deal with the scourge? Let's deal.
What are varicose veins
Vascular pathology is known for thousands of years. Even ancient Egyptian texts contain mention of the insidious disease. Pathology develops when the wrong blood from the peripheral vessels.
Medical aspects of the disease:
- in the congenital weakness of venous walls under the influence of harmful factors of the valves to eject blood, cease to function normally;
- the flow of blood is disrupted, clots, clots of blood, increased venous pressure;
- excess blood does not have time to go through the gaps, accumulate, dilate the blood vessels;
- the outer wall close to the surface of the epidermis, because of this they are well visible under the skin;
- the more clots and the affected areas, the more obstacles to the normal blood flow;
- veins "roll", you lose normal. In the later stages the vessels similar to blue or dark purple thick rope.
Most often the veins swell on his feet due to the high load on them and the least mobility in the "sitting" or "standing" job. Varicose veins affects people of different social status.
Many consider this pathology as an occupational disease. Risk to make a distention of the peripheral veins:
- workers in IT-sphere;
- the sellers;
- the drivers and others.
After numerous studies, scientists have found the factors causing the swelling of the veins, poor circulation, the appearance of pain, heaviness, weakness in the legs.
- heredity. My parents had weak wrists? The likelihood of developing the same disease in children reaches 70%;
- congenital weakness of connective tissue;
- elastic bands of socks and stockings.
Other factors causing venous stasis:
- prolonged work at the computer.
- the lack of movement;
- habit to sit with my leg on the foot;
- the need to spend a long time "on his feet";
- hormonal disruptions. The greatest danger to women during pregnancy, after menopause;
- high heels. The constant walking in high heels exerts a lot of stress on the veins;
- frequent lifting, carrying heavy loads;
- improper diet, excess heavy, fatty foods, lack of vegetables.
The first signs and symptoms
To recognize varicose veins is quite simple. It is important to listen to the signals that persistently sends the body. If an incorrect lifestyle, unwillingness to give yourself a little time the disease develops rather quickly.
Commonly affected veins:
- on his feet;
- in the rectum;
- in the pelvis.
Much less swell veins:
- of the esophagus;
- of the spermatic cord.
The main symptoms of varicose veins:
- pain, heaviness in the legs, swelling to the end of the day;
- a feeling of burning, warmth, filling of veins;
- gradually, the discomfort appears not only after work or heavy physical exertion;
- night person plagued by leg cramps;
- sometimes the symptoms of varicose veins appear just under the knees or on the back of the legs;
- sometimes there are "dull" pain, and a strange heaviness of touch to the skin causing soreness;
- vessels gradually dilate, darken, more and more clearly evident under the skin;
- the formation of "spider veins", veins thicken, bend, they are easy to test;
- the swelling extends to the ankle, the lower part of the legs, sometimes even swell foot;
- after walking the person becomes fatigued, the legs are "buzzing", there is muscle weakness.
Important! Signs of early stage of varicose veins a lot. Why do people delay visit to the doctor? One does not have enough money for treatment, and the other time the third – desires. Sometimes a combination of all the factors.
The lack of treatment causes the progression of the disease:
- the skin at the Shin darken and become denser;
- in severe open long non-healing ulcers;
- deteriorating nutrition of the epidermis, the skin becomes more dry and wrinkled.
- unbearable aching feet at different times of the day;
- temperature rise;
- occasionally when you break open venous plexus bleeding. This phenomenon is more common at night.
What happens if you neglect the treatment and prevention of varicose veins peripheral vascular? Advanced cases cause a lot of suffering patients. Develop serious complications.
The most dangerous variant – the inability of normal blood flow, the development of gangrene, amputation of a limb (s). Think about it!
Common complications are:
- thrombophlebitis in the acute stage;
- trophic ulcer;
- bleeding from the affected nodes.
General advice and rules of treatment
How to treat varicose veins? The success of the therapy largely depends on the attitude of the patient to the doctor's recommendations. Without the help of an experienced phlebologist can not do. This is a fairly rare specialty, try to find a good doctor.
Tune in to long-term treatment. To return health to your veins more difficult than to remove the symptoms of varicose veins.
Remember the basic rules:
- move more. To deal with venous stagnation helps morning exercises, walking, Cycling, swimming;
- try to lose weight;
- refrain from strenuous exercise, resistance training, running, jumping;
- at the initial stage, wear compression stockings, special elastic bandages;
- most let feet rest, raising the feet by using a low pillow;
- excellent "disperse" blood simple exercise. Lying on your back, bend your knees, imitate the Cycling for a minute or two.
Important! Change the diet. Healthy blood vessels in those who eat vegetables, greens, berries, fruits, dairy products, bread from wheat flour, drinking enough fluids. Fatty, salty, smoked food, a large number of muffins, cheap pasta reduces vascular tone, increases the risk of thrombosis.
Listen to these tips:
- during a long stay on his feet possibly get. Before starting work, during a break, apply for feet refreshing gel, ointment against varicose veins. The drugs will remove the inevitable swelling, improve blood circulation;
- in related field work at a computer or driving vehicles, every hour get up, walk around the room. As often as possible out of the car. So you warn not only varicose veins but hemorrhoids;
- remember: spend the whole day standing, but still in high heels – is harmful. If the work suits you, be sure to make a rest for the feet. Remove at least 10 minutes stud, sit or walk barefoot. Otherwise, the wealth will turn ugly veins, disease, the need to completely forget about the beautiful shoes and heels;
- during pregnancy to wear a special bandage that reduces pressure on the vascular system. On the recommendation of the doctor to wear special elastic stockings to reduce venous stasis.
Folk remedies and recipes
Initial stage of varicose veins successfully treated with homemade ointments, compresses, lotions, other natural products and medicinal herbs. The most important thing – desire of the patient, the regularity of procedures.
Treatment of varicose veins folk remedies at home. Tested recipes:
- a foot bath. To relieve fatigue after a hard day, to reduce swelling will help add in sea salt water, decoction of chamomile, mint, succession, yarrow. Tone the blood vessels few drops of essential oils of geranium, lemon, peppermint, rosemary. The duration is 30 minutes. The water should be warm, closer to cool;
- compresses with a decoction of sage, yarrow, chamomile, marigold, mint. All herbs take 1 tablespoon, pour 1.5 liters of boiling water. Insist 40 minutes, strain. Moisten a gauze, apply to tired feet. Change the wrap 2-3 times, after drying of the liquid;
- tincture of the flowers of lilac and chestnut. Collect fresh color, fold in a quart jar 2 tablespoons each of raw materials, pour a good vodka. Insist 2 weeks in the dark. Every day, several times a day, wipe feet healing tincture;
- tomatoes from varicose veins. In the juicy pulp of tomatoes is a substance lycopene, strengthens blood vessels. Loop the tomatoes through a meat grinder, put the weight on the cheesecloth, wrap the patients feet. Keep a few hours, no less. Simple way: cut the tomatoes, wipe the halves of the legs from top to bottom. Well treat varices. After half an hour you will feel relieved;
- Apple infusion. Need variety "Antonovka". Slice four large apples, pour a liter of boiling water, wrap the pan. After 4 hours the infusion is ready. Crush the fruits. Morning and evening, take 1/3 Cup of infusion with a teaspoon of honey.
Moderate and advanced cases are treated using the latest techniques. Effective:
- microflebractomy (affected veins are removed through punctures in the skin);
- sclerotherapy (patients vessels treated with introduction of special drugs);
- laser therapy (removal of damaged areas and treatment of varicose veins by laser);
- thermocoagulation (during the procedure is removed vascular mesh).
Doctors ' recommendations:
- for a long time do not sit or stand on during the work day;
- periodically sit down or, on the contrary, get up and move around;
- follow the diet;
- control the weight;
- do not wear high heels constantly;
- rarely lift weights;
- strengthen the elasticity of blood vessels moderate exercise, water procedures;
- take vitamin supplements;
- when tired legs every night make the tonic bath with useful substances.
- clean the blood with the help of natural compounds.