Varicose veins – a serious chronic disease, the main symptoms of which are stretching the tissue of the vascular wall with the formation of venous nodes. While there is a significant violation of the outflow of blood and its stagnation in the vascular system.
Drug therapy in this disease is an important component in the complex treatment of varicose veins. In practice, only 9-10% of patients who suffer from this disease, surgical intervention is performed. Most of the case histories confirm the effectiveness of treatment of varicose veins with the help of medicines.
The overall treatment strategy
Treatment of varicose veins drugs should be started as early as possible. In this case it stops the process and does not allow him to progress. Funds are usually accepted long courses, sometimes up to 6 months as self-therapy and preventive measures, and in the form of additional component stages before and after surgery.
Treatment of varicose veins with drugs is only possible in case of contraindications to surgery.
Drug therapy will not eliminate venous nodes and not fully able to remove spider veins. But with proper treatment the medicines act as a serious barrier to the development and progression of the disease.
To thrombophlebitis, trophic ulcers and thrombosis do not become your constant companions, start the medication of varicose veins in the legs at the first symptoms of the disease. Even surgery will only help with medication.
Group of drugs and their effects
In venous varicose veins medicinal substance klassificeret by type of action into three main groups:
- venotonic or phlebotrophic means;
- sanguinem scens drugs (anticoagulants) and medicines that inhibit the adhesion of platelets (antiplatelet agents);
- anti-inflammatory drugs.
One of the goals of varicose vein treatment medicines – strengthening the tone of blood vessels and stabilization of the venous blood flow. This problem is solved effectively phlebotrophic venotonic drugs are always included in the treatment regimen and prevention.
Research and medical practice proved the effectiveness of phlebotonics, developed on the basis of natural flavonoids – diosmin and hesperida.. These substances are not just protect the cells of the veins, but stimulates the lymph drainage and stabilize the capillaries. Particularly effective simultaneous treatment of combined drugs, which has both of the flavonoid.
Most often phlebotrophic means taking 2 to 3 months courses. It is important that the reception coincided with the hottest time of the year when the load on the blood vessels increases due to high temperatures and consumption of large amounts of water. If varicose veins are accompanied by chronic venous insufficiency phlebotonics getting it at half the dose.
A patient diagnosed with varicose veins from the beginning to the systematic treatmentto prevent disease progression and reduce complications.
The second problem is solved medicines, blood thinners (anticoagulants) and improve its fluid properties, preventing the formation of thrombotic clots (antiplatelet agents).
Blood clots, their separation from the vascular wall and movement through the venous channel leading to overlapping vessels of the heart, lungs and human brain. As a result, a very high likelihood of infarction, pulmonary embolism and ischemic stroke.
Antiaggregants is not a cure for varicose veins and used as a tool for the prevention of serious complications of thrombosis and thrombophlebitis. We can say that these drugs are saving the life of the patient to at least reduce the risk of disability.
To reduce pain, swelling, and bursting of tissues and other symptoms of inflammation of the venous wall used non-steroidal anti-inflammatory analgesics.
A list of the most effective means
Important: in the form of tablets phlebotrophic drugs for varicose veins is contraindicated in the first trimester of pregnancy, breast-feeding and a special sensitivity to the components.
The dosage and duration of therapy for varicose veins of the lower extremities is calculated by the doctor depending on the severity of the varicose process and history.
Medicines to thin the blood for varicose veins
Appointment of antiplatelet agents in the form of injections and pills, which improve blood flow and prevent thrombus formation, is the attending physician. The dosage and treatment scheme of patients can only be assigned individually.
Such blood thinners varicose veins, as chimes, trental, pentoxifylline, have serious contraindications and side effects. In their application there is a need to regularly monitor the indicators of blood coagulation, passing the tests.
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents
This kind of medications required for severe pain extending along the course of the channel of the vessel, when the temperature rises, to reduce swelling and other symptoms of the inflammatory process. They will help stop the development of varicose veins, have thrombophlebitis, and thrombosis, which are dangerous to life.
Dosage and duration of treatment is determined only by the doctor, because these medications have serious contraindications and side effects.
What not to do
When the diagnosis of varicose veins is necessary with attention to lifestyle, nutrition and exercise. Not allowed:
- active exercise, running, jumping (resolved yoga);
- prolonged standing or prolonged sitting position;
- the use of all medicines, without consulting a doctor-phlebologist;
- long flights forced a fixed position of the feet. In addition, at high altitudes there is a sharp thickening of the blood, which leads to the formation of blood clots;
- the taking a hot bath, sauna;
- is strictly prohibited cupping and honey massage, is permitted only manual of medical massage.
Trophic ulcers causing severe pain, irregular lifestyle, work and sleep due to an increasing feeling of heaviness in the legs and inability to stand for long and move.
- Trophic ulcers – a form of complication with varicose veins, which manifests itself in the development and deepening of long nonhealing ulcers. Usually on the lower leg there is a separate painful ulcer inside which often observe the "moisture" in the form of allocation of serous bloody fluid that covers the diseased tissue.
- Thrombophlebitis is characterized by an acute inflammation of the walls of the affected vessel, with the formation of thrombotic masses, which block the lumen of the vein and disrupt the normal blood flow. When walking or standing causes pain, redness and compaction of the tissues along the veins, often fever.
- Rupture of the vein or node causes severe bleeding, which requires urgent medical attention.
Urgent appeal for medical help
Immediate access to a doctor is necessary when you see these symptoms:
- Increased pain in the affected limb, inability to rise from a bed or to take a few steps;
- The skin on the foot is hot, swollen and firm to the touch.
- Skin color changing from pale to bluish or bluish-red;
- Sudden shortness of breath, shortness of breath, sweating and severe weakness;
- Bleeding from the affected area of skin or varicose node.
The necessary medicines for varicose veins of the lower extremities must be present in the scheme of complex treatment. Even after surgery require several courses of treatment soothing phlebotonic and antiplatelet agentibus means to prevent possible trophic disorders, inflammation and complications on the background of the disease.
A multicomponent preparations against varicosity act in combination, have multiple functions. The effectiveness of these drugs is more pronounced. Optimally use the treatments in the correct dosage calculated phlebologist, in combination with compression therapy, yoga classes, swimming in the pool, a herbal medicine.