Varicose veins are a very common disease, which occurs in 30% of women and 10 % of men, and every year the disease "younger". In the initial stages of varicose veins can be felt by the patient, but over time appear first unpleasant bells in the form of swelling, spider veins, cramps, pain in the calf muscles. If not promptly carry out prevention and treatment of varicose veins, the legs will appear visible to the eye knotty veins.
Causes of varicose veins
The causes of varicose veins include:
- Hereditary factor;
- Lack of exercise;
- Hormonal failure in the body;
- Prolonged static load;
- Injuries of the lower extremities;
- The lifting loads.
Most susceptible to varicose veins of the lower extremities people who are on their work throughout the day standing on my feet for long periods of time sitting at a computer or spend time driving. This is due to the fact that in the sitting position of the vein is partially compressed and the flow of blood through them slows. This provokes varicose veins of the lower extremities.
The mechanism of formation
The task of veins is to carry away from the cells and organs of the spent blood back to the lungs to saturate it with oxygen. To push blood to the heart and lungs veins are not able to cope with this problem, they use the following system:
- Venous valves, representing growths of the inner lining of the veins play a role of regulator one-way traffic. Thanks to their adequate working backward flow of blood impossible. Because valves need to raise the blood at a fairly high altitude, resisting the Earth's gravity, nature was thought triple venous system. With this load between the venous systems of the body is redistributed.
- Muscle pump. The muscular coat of the veins is poorly developed, therefore aid in pushing the blood to the heart and lungs have located in the thickness of skeletal muscle. They are Contracting, squeeze the vein, and the blood goes to the organs.
Disruption in the muscle pump and valves leads to increased burden on the deep veins. Not coping with increased load deep veins convey the leading role of the subcutaneous veins, which gradually expanded, causing diseases of varicose veins (varicose veins).
It turns out that varicose veins of the lower extremities is a chronic disease that increases the diameter of the veins, the blood stagnates in them, the walls of the veins become thinner, they appear nodes. Varicose veins of the lower extremities damaged veins show through the skin.
Prevention of varicose veins
When the first signs of varicose veins it is necessary to observe simple rules which will help prevent further development of varicose veins.
- Hot baths, saunas, sun activity patients with varicose veins is contraindicated. High temperatures lower the tone of veins, provoking stasis of blood;
- The fight against physical inactivity. With the help of regular exercise can improve blood circulation and strengthen the veins. With this aim are shown swimming, fitness, long run;
- When sitting feet should not lie to one another, because that way the veins are compressed and blood flow is disturbed;
- The fight against excess weight. A person with excess weight is increased blood volume and strain on the legs, which in combination leads to varicose veins;
- Do not wear socks with tight bands and tight shoes and high heels;
- Alternate loads, do not stay long in sitting and standing;
- In the morning, do exercises for the feet and a light self-massage of the feet (only in the case that there is only a predisposition to varicose veins of the lower extremities, but no clinical signs!!!);
- More walking barefoot on grass and sand;
- Do not get carried away strong tea and coffee;
- While watching TV or reading, place the feet above the head. You can use pillows or twisted out of the blanket roller.
The treatment of varicose veins
Varicose veins not only reduces the quality of life of the patient, but may cause fatal outcomes. It is therefore not necessary to start the disease and at the first sign to go to the clinic for treatment of varicose veins.
In our days in the clinics apply the most modern methods of treatment of varicose veins, including sclerotherapy, to avoid surgery for varicose veins. A doctors of the most modern laboratories and the latest equipment (ultrasonic Doppler, ultrasonic duplex scanning) and effective medicines, which enables you to achieve amazing results in the treatment of varicose veins.
Treatment of varicose veins folk remedies
Can be useful infusions of nettle and acacia flowers, taken before each meal and baths of birch leaves, nettle and burdock (not hot).
The vein treatment on legs folk remedies shown only after consultation with a physician and ONLY in addition to medication, which is prescribed by a specialist.
Treatment of varicose veins medicines
Drug treatment of varicose veins involves the use of drugs of vein toning in the form of gels and ointments. To enhance the action of drugs is shown wearing a compression stocking and tights, which gently compress the limb, without squeezing the veins.
However, drug treatment of varicose veins on legs does not eliminate varicose veins, but only reduces the clinical manifestations of the disease, preventing thrombosis (acute inflammatory disease, requiring treatment in hospital).
In addition to the use of drugs your doctor may recommend treatment of lymphatic drainage, after which go away the swelling, improve lymph flow in the legs. The only thing to remember is the effect of the massage lasts a long time (two months).
Surgical intervention with varicose veins of the lower extremities shown is not for everyone. Today, in many clinics widely used practice of treating varicose veins without surgery. The safest and most effective method today is sclerotherapy.
Sclerotherapy is a non-invasive method where in the affected vein injected a special drug. The medication destroys the upper layer of the vein, leads to its bonding. In a year and a half glued Vienna resorbed, transport function take healthy veins.
The drug chosen by the doctor based on the studies and depending on the condition of each individual patient. To achieve the effect you need 3 to 6 sessions. The result will be visible after 2 - 8 weeks.
Unfortunately, this procedure shows not all patients suffering from varicose veins. You should consult with an experienced doctor, as improper use of this method can lead to recanalization (restoration of blood flow through the vessels) veins and the effect of this procedure will be zero.
Treatment of varicose veins without surgery is possible with the use of drugs in the form of microfoam. This technique is called Foam-form sclerotherapy. And it has been used successfully in clinics the treatment of varicose veins.
In addition, the procedure of sclerotherapy is accompanied by the use of an ultrasound scanner in which the physician controls the movement of the needle and uniform distribution of the medication. Therapeutic effect for the varicose veins to achieve good effects and significantly reduces the risk of complications.
Surgery for varicose veins
In some cases varicose veins the doctor recommends surgery. Do not be afraid, because today, such operations put on stream and postoperative complications occur very rarely.
In treatment of varicose veins operations are performed using local tumescent anesthesia. The patient during surgery is in the mind and after the surgery can leave the hospital in 2 hours. Compared to operations conducted under General anesthesia, surgery of this kind does not cause intoxication and reduces the likelihood of bruising. You can do the surgery and under General anesthesia (medication sleep).
Surgical intervention in the treatment of varicose disease is of several types:
- Short Stripping;
- Intravascular laser coagulation;
- Endoscopic dissection.
The optimum method is chosen by the physician after a thorough examination and take the necessary test.
The choice of clinic is important!
Say: "Health can not buy". However, this statement is not entirely true. When confronted with a problem, people start searching for clinics where they will provide expert assistance. And here not the last role plays the cost of services.
Prices for services in hospitals depends on the qualification of doctors, equipment and medicines.
To save on your health and a full life - not the best choice. Too often, professionals some medical centers have to correct the mistakes of other doctors. But these errors indicate to the patient the additional costs spent nerves and failing health. Health is worth to him were the best professionals.