At the mention of this disease, as varicose veins, most people imagine the pathological processes in the lower extremities that are visible to the naked eye. Varicose veins of small pelvis – this type of disease say and write much less. Often the signs are regarded as the presence of inflammatory processes in the genital organs, some hormonal disorders, pathology of the urinary system, lumbar sciatica.
In women varicose veins of small pelvis caused by stretching of vein walls, reducing their strength. Incidence peaks in the reproductive ages of 25 to 50 years. Sometimes varicose can be determined in adolescent girls in a period of rapid growth and formation of hormones and the menstrual cycle. At this age the disease can be asymptomatic.
Another feature of pathology – tendency to deepening and active manifestations in the period of carrying a child.
Signs and causes
Obstruction of veins and faults in system normal blood circulation in the ovaries lead to disruptions in the circulatory system. Provoking factor of development of the disease can be the connective tissue dysplasia, which leads to a decrease in the number of collagen and, as a consequence, the elasticity and strength of blood vessels.
Common negative factors and reasons for development of varicose veins of small pelvis:
- pregnancy in connection with the increase in the volume of blood in the vessels, high content of progesterone, large uterine size;
- regular intense exercise;
- previous multiple pregnancy and childbirth;
- a sedentary lifestyle is predominantly sedentary activities;
- gynecological disorders: abnormal structure of the uterus, endometriosis, inflammatory processes;
- practice for the big time interrupt intercourse to protect against unwanted pregnancy.
- long-term use of some hormonal methods;
- lack of satisfaction with sex life.
To provoke the development of varicose veins may have a hormonal imbalance, particularly an increase in estrogen levels.
As already mentioned, pelvic varicose veins manifests itself similarly in diseases of the female reproductive system. The main symptom that causes you to be wary of this constant pain. They are felt in the lower abdomen, can be mild, barely noticeable, and intensely sharp. Very often, severe pain originating in the pelvis, extending to the lumbar region or sacrum. The pain becomes sharper after physical exertion or, on the contrary, after a long stay in the same position (sitting or standing).
Following are the symptoms that manifest varicose veins of small pelvis:
- excessive bleeding after childbirth or gynecologic procedures caused by a thinning of the venous wall to stop this bleeding difficult;
- painful intercourse, a feeling of sexual dissatisfaction, fear and aversion to sex life, the emergence of a strong spasm of the muscles when trying to intimacy;
- painful or frequent urination caused by a full-blooded bladder;
- increase veins of the vulva or perineum, accompanied by severe itching, swelling, burning sensation;
- vein thrombophlebitis, which is characterized by swelling or redness of the skin of the perineum, fever, General weakness.
Distinguish between varicose veins of the vulva and development of the disease as a result of venous plethora. The disease can have three degrees of intensity.
With varicose veins:
- 1 degree – the vein diameter is 4-5 mm;
- Stage 2 – Vienna increases to 6-10 m;
- 3 degree – diameter veins more than 10 mm.
The definition of the severity of pathology is one of the main stages of diagnosis, as it helps to determine treatment methods. In the first two cases it is usually sufficient conservative treatment, changes in the supply system, the use of therapeutic exercises. Third, the severity of the disease requires surgery, ligation of major veins.
The disease – a problem repeatedly parous women. Changes veins can occur already during the first pregnancy, and with each subsequent higher risk. At a certain stage of vein bodies cease to function fully, preventing the normal outflow of blood.
The risk increases if the woman:
- diagnosed with an abnormal structure of the reproductive organs (especially the uterus);
- there is a genetic predisposition;
- excess weight or rapid set pounds during the whole pregnancy;
- there are bad habits (Smoking);
- work requiring little physical effort, long-stay sitting or standing in one place.
This disease affects women in the third trimester as the growing uterus puts pressure on adjacent organs and impedes their normal activities.
Normal blood volume that circulates in the body during gestation increased by nearly 50 %. Not always veins cope with an increased workload for them, especially if the situation is complicated by various provoking factors, which were discussed above.
Characteristic changes in the hormonal background in the body of the mother also can have bad influence on the elasticity of the vessel walls.How dangerous abnormal veins increase during gestation?
Varicose veins of the uterus and other organs faces a difficult birth with serious consequences. Thin walled veins may be injured and even torn, causing pain and bleeding. These phenomena are harmful and dangerous not only for being women but for her life.
One of the most frequently occurring disorders – the risk of blood clots. They block blood vessels, reducing or even preventing the normal security of the placenta with blood. Such dysfunction leads to aging of the placenta and oxygen starvation of the fetus.
On the 1st and 2nd stages of varicose veins of the pelvis childbirth, as a rule, are in a natural way. During attempts medical staff monitors in order to reduce the pressure in the vessel walls. The simultaneous administration of drugs that thin the blood.
Heavy (3-I) form requires a cesarean section.
If you have this problem, pregnant should carefully prepare for the upcoming birth, namely:
- starting from the second trimester wearing prenatal bandage;
- to move actively, to eliminate prolonged sitting or standing in one position (for example, from computer);
- to reduce the pressure in the vessels during sleep to place between the legs of a cushion;
- access to the swimming pool or regularly take a contrast shower.
Expectant mothers need to review your diet, ensuring timely bowel movement.
External pelvic examination allows you to easily identify the varicose of the vulva and perineum. But how to check whether a similar pathology in the internal genital organs? To determine the exact problem prescribe additional tests, such as ultrasound, phlebography, laparoscopy, CT scan, or MRI.
The disease is not related to gynaecological pathologies. His treatment by the doctor-phlebologist (vascular surgeon). But since pathology is often detected during the passage of the ultrasound, the woman observed the two specialists – a gynecologist and phlebologist. Treatment of varicose veins of the pelvis should be comprehensive, including medical therapy and treatment without medication, the use of therapeutic exercises, the normalization of the power system and revision of the mode of the day.
Medications effectively resolve the symptoms at the initial stage. Patients prescribed the drugs in the period of exacerbation. Long-term use of such means are undesirable because they tend to cause side effects. Medications to improve circulation, reduce inflammation and pain, reduce the risk of blood clots.How to treat varicose veins of the pelvis in pregnant women, and how justified drug therapy in this case?
Given the potential harm to the fetus and the high risk of side effects, drugs are prescribed not earlier than the second trimester and only in exceptional cases. If pregnant women never had such medical problems, he often recommended to stick to non-medicamental methods of therapy, for example, wearing special underwear.
To eliminate congestion in the pelvis will help gymnastics. Most exercises performed in the supine position. It can be known "birch", "Bicycle", "scissors". If their performance is sufficient load on the lower abdomen that promotes the flow of blood. Physiotherapy is complemented by wearing compression hosiery.
Among the methods of treatment used hirudotherapy, leech therapy, which I put in the coccyx.
Traditional medicine effective for the relief of symptoms of the disease, when applied in the early stages. Great efficiency have teas and broths of the fungus and the root of the dandelion, tincture on the basis of horse chestnut.
The most affordable way to use chaga – tea is based on it. To do this, 3 tablespoons of dried chaga pour 0.5 liters of boiled water and insist in a warm place for several hours. Take half an hour before meals 2-3 times a day.
Dessert spoon of crushed roots of dandelion pour a glass of boiled water for a few hours and drink three times a day 10-15 minutes before meal. This tea is contraindicated for people suffering from gastritis or disease of the biliary tract.
To prepare the tincture of the horse chestnut fruit peel from the skin, finely chop, put in a bottle of dark glass and pour vodka in the ratio of 1:10. Duration of infusion – 14 days. 25-30 drops of the tincture obtained is mixed with a small quantity of water and take three times a day. The duration of intake should not exceed 30 days.
Of great importance in the treatment of the disease is a balanced diet excluding fatty foods and alcoholic drinks. The menu should include meals with a high content of fiber, fats of vegetable origin. The main products in the diet should be vegetables, fruits, natural juices, green tea. Not recommended sweet pastry dishes with lots of spices, fast food. Meals should be frequent, but small portions.
Useful products with a high content of vitamin C (citrus, blackcurrant), seafood (oysters, shrimp, seaweed). The dishes you need to cook with a minimal amount of salt.
Conservative therapies significantly facilitate the condition of patients and eliminate the risk of severe consequences. The main goal of treatment is to prevent relapse and the need for surgical intervention. Of great importance is the prevention of the disease and its recurrence.
Among medical recommendations should be highlighted:
- To take hormonal drugs only on prescription and under his control.
- To have an active lifestyle with moderate exercise.
- Eliminate bad habits such as Smoking and drinking alcoholic beverages.
- Regularly perform complex gymnastic exercises for maintaining the health of blood vessels.
- Stick to a healthy diet with lots of vegetables and fruits.
- Wear compression stockings when the first signs of varicose veins.
The implementation of preventive recommendations is also important during pregnancy, especially in its second half.
View nutrition, active lifestyle, regular doctor visits, treatment of varicose veins of the pelvis immediately after the detection of the disease will eliminate the painful symptoms and avoid surgery for a long time.