Proper nutrition varicose veins plays an important role and is part of the overall treatment of the disease. Compliance with certain regulations and control in diet will help not only to effectively fight the signs of varicose veins and improve overall health.
Very large restriction in the diet there, the only important thing to make your diet balanced and healthy. Improper nutrition and the failure to comply with certain standards in food may lead to disease exacerbation and significantly slow the healing process.
Vitamins and nutrients with varicose veins
There are a number of vitamins that help reduce symptoms and strengthen the walls of veins:
- vitamin C, they are rich foods such as citrus, sea buckthorn, strawberry, rosehip, gooseberry, black currant, Bulgarian peppers, tomatoes, potatoes, cabbage, parsley, dill;
- rutin, it is in foods such as oranges, lemons, rosehips, black currant, tea, nuts;
- vitamin E contributes to the elasticity of the veins, it is abundant in green onions, beans, onion, vegetable oil, salad, lentils, peas, egg yolk, wheat, liver, vegetable oil;
- fiber to cleanse the body, it is contained in fruits and vegetables;
- bioflavonoid – they prevent blood clots, found in cherries;
- products that take part in the synthesis of elastin is lobster, squid, oysters, shrimp, mussels.
What can and should eat with varicose veins
What foods with varicose veins will the body only benefits and will help to stop the disease? Doctors know the answer to this question, and any patient will be able to know what should be in the diet. But very few people who have this disease, I want to follow the rules, although I know that junk food can have a negative impact on the development of the disease.
Here are some dishes and products that are useful for varicose veins which need to be eaten:
- Green tea and tea made from black currant leaves contribute to the thinning of the blood and are antioxidants.
- Hash and green soup, cooked without the concentrated beef broth.
- Jelly, juice, jelly.
- Seafood is rich in copper, which is involved in the creation of protein and makes blood vessels more elastic and strong.
- Seaweed contains flavonoids, which is a dietary antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and strengthening effect on the small vessels – the capillaries.
- Fresh vegetable salad with vegetable oil will help make the walls of the veins more elastic.
- Beef liver also has a positive effect on the course of the varicose veins.
Certain foods varicose veins useful because significantly reduce the risk of blood clots. These foods include garlic, onions, olive oil, cherry, red currant, lemon. These products thin the blood, which is a very important measure of prevention of thrombosis.
Varicose veins avoid constipation, since this pathology increases the load on the veins and develops General intoxication of the organism. Products for varicose veins, which will help to avoid constipation: beets, plums, figs, dried apricots, carrots, prunes, apples, bread with bran, yogurt, kefir (one day), brown bread.
What kind of drinks are useful for varicose veins
To improve the disease with varicose veins, be sure to observe the drinking regime. Drinking liquids is very useful, as it thins the blood and reduces the risk of blood clots. In addition, water and healthy drinks are to optimize the water-salt balance in the body.
Useful for varicose veins green tea, drink cranberry and cowberry, compotes, fruit and vegetable juices (sea buckthorn, black currant, black chokeberry).
In season watermelon and melon can be consumed in large quantities.
What not to eat with varicose veins
Although the diet with varicose veins of the legs should be varied, some foods should be abandoned or reduced their use to a minimum.
Avoid fatty, fried, spicy and smoked food. Such products make the blood more viscous and increase the risk of thrombophlebitis.
Worth moderate salting of food. Extra salt affects the properties of blood and leads to edema. Increase the blood viscosity of various rich meat broths, marinades, jellies.
To drink coffee and black tea are allowed up to 2 cups a day, and if possible, it is better to replace them with green tea or tea made from fruits and herbs.
Do not abuse pastries and sweets. This is especially true of patients with obesity, as extra weight creates an increased load on the blood vessels and promote the rapid development of the disease.