Varicose veins is manifested as a steady expansion and elongation of the veins of the lower extremities, which leads to the thinning of the vascular walls and the formation of nodes. The development of the disease contributes to weak venous valves, which is a congenital pathology.
Similar problems are faced by every tenth man and every third woman. According to statistical studies, this disease is most prevalent among populations in the age range from 30 to 40 years.
General information about the disease
There are the following prerequisites:
- Heredity — the risk of disease is higher in people whose relatives faced with varicose;
- Pregnancy, and the use of hormonal medications may be a sufficient condition for the progression of varicose veins;
- Regular, repeated excess of normal venous pressure, which is associated with a sedentary lifestyle, static loads in a vertical position and obesity.
The reasons for concern include swelling of the feet at the end of the day, a feeling of heaviness, fullness in the calf after prolonged sitting or standing. If the reason for this is varicose veins, these symptoms usually wear off or disappear during walking, or sleep aid.
More unpleasant manifestations will be a arching pain in the legs, sensation of heat in the legs and cramps in calf muscle at night. In addition, we will see red and blue vascular junction and saphenous vein. Rid of it usually with medication from varicose veins in the legs.
Therapy with compression
To treat varicose veins today actively involved compression jerseys. The practice of such has almost a century, and even in our days, the compression garment does not lose its relevance.
To transition to the manufacture of linen at the more advanced technology used elastic bandages, which have a number of disadvantages:
- Proper overlay requires skill, the acquisition of which requires time;
- The violation of the temperature and water balance of the skin in the warm period and long-term wearing;
- It is difficult to achieve the desired compression during fixation at the hip because of the individuality of forms in different patients.
Let's see what compression underwear for varicose veins is better to choose stockings, tights, leggings or something else, how to properly wear and helps.
The principle positive impact
The therapeutic effect is due to the fact that when compressed, dilated venous channels compression underwear increases blood flow in the deep vessels. It will eliminate the blood stagnation.
Moreover, the creation of the modern products taking into account the anatomical features of the extremities: pressure knit decreases starting from the end of an arm or leg that best normalizes the movement of venous blood.
If we consider this process in more detail, it is necessary to point out the positive aspects such as:
- The stabilization of the valve apparatus;
- Reduction in the rate of the expanded lumen of the saphenous femoral and the peripheral veins;
- The increase in the influence of muscle loadings on pushing the blood up.
However, it is important to remember that lingerie (stockings, tights, etc) varicose veins are not omnipotent and can not eliminate the root causes of venous insufficiency. It applies to the stage where can help only surgical intervention.
In addition, traditional treatment without surgery on varicose veins in the legs must be comprehensive. To maximize the effect you can, if you follow your doctor's instructions and get the recommended creams and ointments, and refrain from provoking the fixation of the disease.
In rare methods of treatment are no contraindications, and medical knitwear is no exception. Someone generally prohibited such treatment, while others need to wear a compression garment carefully, following expert advice:
- Under no circumstances can not wear this underwear when aortoarteritis, atherosclerosis, and endoarteritis obliterans (obliterating). These chronic diseases lead to a narrowing of the lumen of blood vessels and a fall in the systolic blood pressure to a level unacceptable to the wearing of the knit;
- Observing punctuality should apply therapeutic underwear to people with very sensitive skin;
- Do not use linen for skin ailments, inflammatory disorders, allergic skin reactions, dermatitis, bedsores, etc.;
- Diabetics also should not use compression underwear for vascular lesions of legs;
- Impaired circulation caused by septic phlebitis, and cardio-pulmonary failure, again, should refrain from compression products.
There is an opinion that this type of Jersey is responsible for atrophy of the muscular layer of the vein walls, leading to inability to resist the vessels of blood pressure without the help of spanx. People who hold this point of view, came to it because of incorrect interpretation of the sensations that occur when wearing underwear.
To dispel doubts, it is enough to familiarize yourself with the following facts:
- Linen is not intended for day wear;
- In experiencing compression of the veins the blood flow is not stopped but only reduced;
- Atrophy of muscle layer develops as a result of genetic predisposition, and local inflammation in venous stagnation in Vienna. And these processes, on the contrary, are offset with linen;
- Primary deterioration of health is not due to atrophy and development of varicose veins, and non-permanent lowering of the tone of the walls of the veins.
- Power pressure products are divided into categories:
- Compression is not more than 23 mm of mercury. article Recommended for detection of the primary symptoms of varicose veins;
- Compression ~ 33 mm RT. article Apply for thrombophlebitis and varicose of moderate severity;
- Compression is close to 45 units, corresponds to severe venous insufficiency;
- Compression of more than 50 units in the best way helps to eliminate edema and normalization of lymph flow.
Types of lingerie and to determine the optimal dimensions (in inches):
- Golf due to the convenience of wearing pants, are perfect men. Measurements: measure the calf circumference at the widest part, below the knee, and the distance from the foot to the knee bend;
- Orthopedic stockings (compression) is a convenient solution to varicose veins for pregnant women and those whose problem area is not above the knee. Measurements: in addition to the measurements used in the case of the high socks, you need to determine the hip girth at 25 cm from the knee. Also the distance is measured from this level to the feet;
- Tights — simply removable, but when the need to make the effort, should end exactly at the waist, and tightly embrace the legs. Measurements: repeating the above, you should measure the circumference of their hips and waist;
- The sleeves are relevant in purulent processes of the soft tissues and dermatitis of the hands;
- Gaiters — durable stockings and tights (without the part that covers the toes, which wears out quickly). Designed for those who have problem area is not so big.
- Elastic bandage is the most affordable, but extremely inconvenient to use product.
Taking into account these recommendations, you will be able to avoid trouble:
- The degree of compression of the products should match the settings of the doctor;
- Seams should not be issued, otherwise irritation can not be avoided;
- Consider products that conform to the standard RAL-GZ 387 and produced by only certified firms;
- Linen should be marked that the material does not contain allergens;
- The degree of compression is calculated in the den, and in mm of mercury. article Incorrect values — a sign of fakes.
Now you know how to choose the right compression underwear for varicose veins, use the information wisely!
How to dress
It is necessary to observe some rules:
- Any kind of articles worn immediately after sleep, not rising from bed;
- This must be done carefully and slowly;
- Pre-assembled upper part in the accordion, you need to insert in the palm "sock" and gently pull him to a stop;
- Slowly moving his product, should wear it completely;
- Tights to put on lying, which raises the pelvis when approaching the zone.
There are also special devices designed to help those who has difficulty putting on clothes from varicose veins.
Medical the Jersey is not alone is able to negate the symptoms of varicose veins: need complex treatment. Paying attention to all aspects of the treatment, you will achieve the desired result.