Compression underwear is one of the most effective ways to prevent varicose veins and to suspend its development. It may not resolve the underlying causes of the disease, however, is quite able to cope with its manifestations, reducing the patient's quality of life. Today's compression hosiery is an integral addition to the treatment of varicose veins, significantly increases its efficiency. The linen has a lot of advantages, so it is becoming increasingly popular among patients with the diagnosis "varicose veins".
The essence of the action of the compression underwear is that it creates on certain areas of feet desired pressure. It promotes the proper distribution of the load, the result is normalized, the blood circulation in the direction of the heart. From the veins located in the lower part of the leg, more effort is required to push blood up to this area and have a maximum pressure of compression underwear. And, for example, on the thigh, the linen laid, only about 40% of the pressure, since the load on these veins is already minimal.
Special underwear literally pushes blood by squeezing the veins, not allowing it to stagnate in the vessels. As a result, when wearing these stockings (or tights golf significantly reduced the unpleasant and painful symptoms of varicose veins of the legs are not so tired and swollen, they felt itching and burning.
Compression stockings you should use for the following reasons:
- these hosiery contribute to the normalization of blood flow, redistributing blood from the diseased vein in a healthy;
- this lingerie stimulates blood circulation and thus improves the nutrition of tissues;
- if size underwear is chosen correctly, it is an effective prevention of thrombosis;
- linen looks quite aesthetically pleasing, it can be worn anywhere - to work, to walk, to the gym;
- Compression stockings – one of the most simple, convenient and safe means of dealing with varicose veins, which has virtually no contraindications.
Contraindications for wearing compression underwear is very small, but they still exist. This includes the following States:
- endarteritis, atherosclerosis, aortoarteritis and some other chronic disease characterized by a reduction of the arteries and a significant decrease in blood pressure;
- diabetes mellitus;
- eczema, allergic rashes, open wounds, inflammatory processes on the skin;
- septic phlebitis, cardio-pulmonary failure in severe form;
- increased sensitivity of the skin.
The use of compression underwear: isn't that dangerous?
There is a perception that wearing compression underwear can turn into a serious problem as the degradation of the muscular layer of the venous walls. And then, after discontinuing the use of medical hosiery, vascular walls simply can't withstand the pressure that will only lead to the progression of varicose veins. Refuting these concerns, phlebologists put forward the following facts:
- the patient is varicose knitwear around the clock;
- the blood flow in prone to artificially created pressure vessels does not stop, but only decreases;
- usually atrophy of the muscle layer occurs due to genetic predisposition and the presence of inflammatory processes, and wearing compression underwear, on the contrary, prevents it.
What made compression stockings?
Compression hosiery is made from cotton and nylon fibers, lycra and microfiber. This linen has no seams, is breathable and gives a pleasant sensation on contact with skin. It is hypoallergenic, and looks exactly the same as normal tights or stockings. Medicinal properties of knitwear due to its handling of the latest computer technologies. The efficiency of the compression underwear under condition of observance of rules of maintenance and storage, will be stored for about six months. Then need replacement.
The types of compression hosiery
Compression underwear is curative and preventive. There are also so-called the hospital linen, which is operated only in stationary conditions. As the name implies, medical knitwear is useful if a disease has already manifested itself in any degree. But as a preventive measure lingerie for compression recommended to be people from the risk group: pregnant women, genetically predisposed to occurrence of varicose veins, individuals who are obese, representatives "standing" and "sitting" professions.
As for the types of compression underwear, now in the pharmaceutical market are sufficient, for every taste and for any needs:
- tights is one of the most popular among women view lingerie, tight-fitting legs and not sliding into the operation;
- Golf is an available option for men;
- elastic bandage – not a very convenient option of compression, which, however, due to its affordable price does not lose relevance, despite the huge choice of much more efficient and aesthetically therapeutic knit.
As a rule, products for women (tights and stockings) are decorated with patterns. But men's underwear is often produced transparent so that it is unnoticeable on my feet.
Classification of medical compression underwear
If preventive knitwear can be bought in most pharmacies in any time, to purchase medical need a doctor's prescription. It is recommended to shop only in specialized pharmacies and salons. The intensity of pressure produced by compression hosiery is divided into the following classes:
- Class 1 – characterized by compression below 23 mm Hg. article and recommended for use by patients at the first signs of varicose veins: blue-red spider veins on the skin, extending close to the surface of the skin veins, the feeling of extreme fatigue and heavy legs.
- Class 2 – creates a pressure not greater than 33 mm of mercury. article and is indicated for the treatment of varicose veins of medium severity and thrombophlebitis.
- Class 3 – is provided the compression does not exceed 45 mm of mercury. article, this linen is used in the treatment of quite severe venous insufficiency accompanied by trophic disorders.
- Class 4 – compression is about 50 mm of mercury. art. and above, such a knit suitable for the treatment of severe pathologies of the lymph flow and the removal caused by these disorders edema.
To give recommendations on the choice of a particular class of compression underwear can only qualified phlebologist, based on the situation of the particular patient. He will tell you about the wearing of medical stockings, and will also explain the basic rules of its storage and care.
How to choose a compression garment?
Obviously, first and foremost, you should consult with your doctor about shown in the class is the use of therapeutic hosiery. Then should decide on its appearance – tights, socks, stockings, tights. Here it all is determined by individual preferences. Finally, it is important to choose the right size – otherwise the effect from wearing the special Jersey will be minimal (or do not).
Now, as the prices. In General, price variation, visible to the naked eye on the pharmaceutical market due to the large number it of different manufacturers. Well-known brand or a smaller supplier? In any case, on the pharmacy shelves gets only products with accurately calculated by the compression. But what products may differ, so it is design and duration of socks.
To protect yourself from buying fakes, you need to shop at trusted pharmacies and reputable shops-dealers. Everyone knows that European quality standards are very high. This applies to compressive linen. If the package is marked "ral-gz 387", it is possible not to doubt – before You the goods of the highest quality, because the manufacturer had to go through the certification process in Switzerland or Germany.
Medical wear knitwear
Donning the treatment of knitwear – it's not as easy as it may seem. Especially hard to cope with the linen classes 3 and 4. The fact that these tights can be worn exactly the same as conventional products – to collect in "accordion" and to pull up. A special difficulty procedure can cause a person with a big belly.
Thus, the dressing process as follows:
- the top of tights or stockings is going to "accordion";
- inside the device is inserted into the palm of your hand, it gently stretches the foot;
- gradually expanding the product, it is necessary to pull on the tibia;
- if we are talking about the tights, the hips they are stretched already in a prone position (thus when approaching the area of the waist to lift the hips).
When dressing treatment Jersey the following are necessary conditions:
- to wear compression underwear is best in the morning when legs are not tired and swollen;
- toenails should be close-cropped and carefully processed;
- undesirable the presence of calluses and roughness on the skin of the feet – all this can easily damage the delicate fabric.
Because of the compression dressing of linen is not an easy task, to make life easier for patients have created special fixtures that make the process basic. To cope with the knitwear 3-4 class without them is almost impossible.
Some recommendations on wearing underwear
The night compression garment is better off that the legs could get some rest and "breathe." However, if a person accidentally fell asleep in pantyhose or golfs, no harm to him will not do it.
Wearing compression underwear doesn't have to end and summer. High temperatures provoke the development of varicose veins, so in the heat of the amended Vienna is particularly in need of support. You can change the class of linen with a more "easy" – choose 1 class or prophylactic stockings.
It happens that "varicose" vein is above the gum product that is a legitimate question: does it make sense to use in this case, expensive clothes. Meaning, of course, there is, after all, this vein must be provided indirect positive effect due to the normalization of blood vessels in the lower. However, it is worth to try to choose tights or stockings are the correct size.
Care medical hosiery
Compression stockings – a thing that requires a careful attitude. Therefore, those who are shown wearing it, you should be familiar with the basic rules of care for these stockings, golfs and tights:
- wash treatment Jersey need every day, because the smallest dirt particles and dust particles are harmful to the delicate fibres, they are quite capable of depriving the product of its healing properties;
- to wash such items can only manually, when the water temperature is about 40 degrees;
- in any case, you can not wring out or twist the compression garment is allowed only gently blot it with a towel;
- dry compression garment should be laid out on a horizontal surface, away from batteries and direct sunlight; do not hang them vertically on a conventional dryer;
- regular rinses and conditioners can seriously damage the structure of medical knitwear and to deprive him thereby of therapeutic properties, so when washing it is acceptable to use baby soap or special tools for delicate fabrics;
- it is best to have some compression tights, and a couple – then you don't have to spend every day a lot of time washing and drying delicate items;
- care should be taken, and silicone-striped stockings – from any contact with water it loses its pinning properties, so it is best to clean it with an alcohol pad, and when washing carefully protected from getting wet.
It should be noted that if prevention underwear can be purchased on their own, then to find a medical doctor can. The initiative in this matter threatens not only the physical inconvenience and a waste of money, but also serious health problems. But if you use compression correctly, it will definitely make life easier for the patient and will be an effective addition to the treatment of varicose veins.