Varicose disease of the lower limbs occurs for a number of reasons that can be attributed to 3 groups: impaired blood clotting, lesions of the vessel wall, stasis changes of the surrounding tissues. Etiological factor affects the treatment, but medication is not able to narrow the widened section of Vienna.
Remedies for veins support a tone of vessels, but not capable of restoring a functional valve insufficiency, which leads to stagnation.
Varicose veins: causes
With increased blood clotting are prerequisites for the formation of blood clots. Hormonal changes lead to abnormal heart rhythm, decrease in the tonus of the venous wall, long-term changes.
Damage to the venous wall may be traumatic, physical, chemical, bacterial. In autoimmune diseases there is a thinning of the venous wall due to destruction by antibodies. With slight exertion should identify the barriers to accumulation of blood.
The increased pressure within the vessel may occur due to the compressive pressure of the surrounding tissues. Varicose veins this combination is complicated. Probably the formation of venous ulcers.
Predisposing factors of varicose veins of the lower extremities:
- Obesity – negative varices in the plan. Excess fat increases pressure on the veins, contributes to congestive changes;
- Poor diet, eating foods with fiber contributes to the violation of vascular permeability. The increase in the diet of fiber can reduce the intake of toxins in the intestines. A sedentary lifestyle is an important factor that leads to obesity, disturbance of venous circulation;
- Most people exposed to the risk of complications in a sitting or standing position. Negative impact is damage to the valves of the veins. Corsets and tight underwear contributes to compression of the veins in the groin area. Increased intra-abdominal pressure when the external compression of the veins for a long time becomes stagnant cause changes in the lower extremities;
- Wearing shoes with high heels – not physiological. This process promotes the stretching of the muscular-ligamentous apparatus, which leads to congestive changes in the veins;
- The valves are able to completely block the vessel, lead to congestive changes in the lower extremities. On the background of pathology of the venous wall system overtraining, forming a venous nodes;
- Genetic predisposition is formed as a result of mutations of the apparatus of the gene that is responsible for the structure of the walls of the veins. Defects in the protein increasing the permeability of blood vessels, form permanent inflammatory changes, swelling due to sweat fluid through the damaged membrane. The weakness of the vessel leads to increased venous pressure. The result – varicose veins;
- Hormonal disturbances during pregnancy increase the levels of estrogen and progesterone, influence the formation of vascular blood clotting factors. The reduction of the tonus of the venous wall in the background of the pathology leads to deformation and clogging of blood vessels;
- Diabetes mellitus is a pathology that leads to a decrease in blood glucose level, which creates a favorable environment for the development of blood clots;
- Alcohol abuse also leads to thickening of the blood, increases the risk of blood clots in the vessels;
- Long walk, the forced sitting position – predisposing factors of varicose veins;
- Inadequate nutrition, lifting, the slow inflow of blood to the heart, the development of stagnation is predisposing factors pathology;
- Chronic constipation accompanied by increased intra-abdominal pressure, difficulty of outflow of blood from the lower extremities;
- Dehydration under the influence of intense sunlight leads to thickening of the blood, acceleration of blood clots;
- Venous insufficiency, congenital defects contribute to the pathology of cardiovascular activity;
- Overdose of medicines increases blood clotting, which leads to blockage of blood vessels by blood clots;
- Surgical intervention contribute to an increase in blood volume, increase the likelihood of thromboembolism.
Varicose veins of the legs is polietiologic disease. Patients typically there are several reasons that led to the development of disease.
Varicose veins of the lower extremities: symptoms and treatment
Signs of varicose veins is specific for the diagnosis. Distinguish 2 forms of the disease depending on the characteristics of etiological factors, primary secondary.
The primary form is related to the weakness of the venous wall, which occurs under the influence of congenital or acquired factors. The secondary form develops under the influence of other causes.
Causes of varicose veins of the legs:
- Swelling of the skin;
- Pigmentation (darkening);
- Pain syndrome in the evening and in the afternoon;
- Trophic skin lesions (eczema, dermatitis).
Primary varicose veins associated with weakness of the venous wall, the development of obesity, proliferation of connective fibers. Secondary pathology is formed due to venous outflow disorders, trauma and tumors. The degree of increased stretching of the venous wall is unpredictable. When pathology increases the risk of thromboembolism, which can lead to death. Usually blood clots are localized on the legs, but there are cases of embolism of the venous system of the arms or abdomen.
Secondary complication of the disease — sores. Even a minor scratch in violation of trophism may contribute to the formation of ulcers on the legs. With pathology is difficult to handle when referring to the doctor. The treatment lasts for decades, so it is time to appeal to phlebologist.
Every day doctors have to deal with the bleeding. If the disease is started, veins protrude above the surface of the skin. Pathology leading to thrombosis with irreversible consequences. Continuously monitors the venous system. To prevent pathological changes should be connected thrombophlebitis with irreparable consequences.
The uniqueness of the extension of the vein wall pain syndrome only occurs at the initial stage. Gradually, the receptors get used to the pain, so the wider Vienna, the less pronounced pain.
Symptoms of varicose in the early stages:
- Burning sensation;
Through the venous valves, the blood must move in the opposite direction. With their failure develops reverse flow, therefore developing stagnation. Accumulation of blood in a specific location creates preconditions for the formation of blood clots. A similar picture is observed at infringement of technology of treatment of varicose veins. At the site of injection is formed inflammation that creates opportunities for the formation of a clot of blood, by increasing adhesive properties of the vascular wall.
Classification of thrombosis according to the current:
Acute thrombophlebitis develops quickly. In the place of localization of the varicose veins experiencing pain, redness, expansion of the vein.
A chronic course is characterized by severe signs. Pain in the pathology of periodical character. The patient suffers from pain after exercise. Eliminates the swelling of the elastic compression. Patients are advised to wear a special bandage.
Medical and surgical treatment
Medical treatment of varicose veins of the lower limbs does not allow you to completely get rid of the disease. In violation of permeability of vascular walls, congestive changes there are new blood clots, which should be treated promptly to prevent pulmonary embolism and death. For these purposes, use special tools and anticoagulants in the form of oral tablets, local cream.
Addition to of drugs national treatment, physiotherapy (magnet, the track "Bicycle", physiotherapy). For getting rid of skin rashes recommended a decoction of oak bark, chamomile, St. John's wort.
Surgery to remove varicose veins on the legs – types, principles of treatment
The above techniques are currently used less frequently because there are more and more popular surgery.
Sclerotherapy intravenous injection of the adhesive substance, which in the early stages of the disease in several sessions eliminates varicose veins. The procedure involves the introduction into a knot of varicose veins a special substance that contributes to the obliteration of the vein lumen.
Coagulation of the affected vein laser is a modern procedure that allows to produce the excision of the tissue with a knife.
Indications for surgical phlebectomy:
- Significant expansion of saphenous veins;
- The risk of thromboembolism;
- Trophic disorders of the skin;
- Acute thrombophlebitis;
- Swelling, severe fatigue of the patient.
It is impossible to carry out the operation in pregnancy, severe infections, coronary disease, inflammation of the lower limbs, pyoderma, eczema. The only way therapy disease varicose veins deep vein for correction of operation of the valve apparatus – a surgical operation.
Laser therapy is indicated for patients with diseases of the cardiovascular system, the urogenital system, increase blood pressure, when surgical intervention is contraindicated.
For getting rid of unpleasant vascular pattern on the testimony can be performed radiofrequency coagulation. The advantages of the operation is painless, no cosmetic defect of the skin, malfunction.
Indications for sclerotherapy disease pathology in duplex Doppler ultrasound, varicose veins in the early stages. The drawback of the procedure – getting sclerosant into the deep veins, reducing the effectiveness of treatment in advanced cases.
Treatment of chronic varicose veins
In chronic varicose veins should use elastic compression. For these purposes, developed a program:
- Compression hosiery class 1-2 with 0 degree;
- Elastic compression hosiery class 1-2 with mono therapy, physical therapy, with 1 degree;
- With 3-4 degrees it is recommended that elastic compression hosiery 2-3 class with continuous therapy, local treatment with ointments, physical therapy.
From misuse of certain therapies protect standardized scheme of therapy of varicose described drugs. Assign the multiplicity, the dose of can only doctor.
Even the magnet with varicose veins of the lower extremities is applied strictly according to indications. After the procedure you should assess the nature of local changes.