Among vascular malformations the most common is varicose veins, affects mainly the lower extremities of a human. Today the statistics says that every third inhabitant of the planet is a patient phlebology problems with the vessels of the legs. Among them one third of the patients are women, so the question of how to treat varicose veins on the legs in women, the most relevant.
So how at risk are women more often, modern medicine, and innovative techniques to develop a number of methods for the prevention and treatment of varicose veins. One can clearly impact the treatment of varicose veins should engage relevant specialist vascular surgeon. In addition, this treatment of women should be based on two principles — consistency and complexity.
Signs of varicose veins of the legs in women
In order to detect varicose veins in women, it is important to know the specifics of this disease and what signs and symptoms can signal its development. Varicose veins is a pathological process, to be exact increase of the venous lumen as a result of decrease of elasticity and tone of the vascular wall. This leads to abnormal stretching of the walls of the vessel, reflux of blood, disruption of the venous valves and blood stasis.
The disease is characterized by prolonged course and slow development framework in this regard to identify the varicose veins of the feet is very difficult in the initial stages. The impairment of blood flow can take years before a woman feels the first signs of varicose veins. The symptoms in the early stages is a feeling of heaviness, swelling and fatigue in the legs.
These symptoms are often women notice that in a professional activity for a long period of time in one position. In the future, may be other symptoms of varicose veins:
- bulge the walls of blood vessels on the skin surface;
- manifestation of vascular mesh on the legs;
- the appearance of spider veins;
- itching of the symptoms veins;
- calf muscle spasms are involuntary in nature, particularly at night.
To see a specialist is important when detection of at least one of these symptoms. To advise on such matters can the internist, vascular surgeon or. If you delay going to the doctor, symptoms of varicose veins added to blood clots, bulging knots of large veins, thrombophlebitis (inflammation of veins), and venous ulcers on the skin of the feet.
While the specialist does not know the exact causes of vascular disease, to cure varicose veins on the legs in women will be almost impossible. Any disease requires study of its etiology and preconditions, and after removing it you can suppress the pathological process. Before the doctor faces the task of finding the causes that led to the violation of the outflow of blood.
Lead to varicose veins can excessive flow of blood in the lower extremities, complications drainage of blood from the vessels up, which results in further deformation of the vessels, the fragility and the fragility of the vascular wall, further damaging the wall. First begin to expand the vein, after which the skin of the feet is manifested vascular wall, bulges and knots.
Due to such damage of the vascular wall and the lymph congestion occurs, it provokes the edema, feeling of heaviness and pain. On my feet starts to deteriorate the skin itchy and scaly.
Most often at risk for varicose veins fall into the following categories of women:
- age over 30 years old.
- obesity or excess weight;
- cardiovascular disease;
- predisposition and heredity of varicose veins.
In addition, here also the doctors will carry those women who for a long time in one position, sitting or standing. You need to understand that if untreated, varicose veins may lead to serious consequences — necrosis, thrombosis, ulceration and eczema.
Drugs (gels and ointments) for external use
Varicose veins treatment mainly on 1 and 2 stage of development, if diagnosed stage 3, the chances of suppression of pathology small. Treatment should be complex, as drug therapy, doctors usually prescribe taking the drug indoor and outdoor use application.
Most often, local treatment of varicose veins involves the use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory ointments and gels, returns vessels elasticity, strength and normal forms, as well as improve blood circulation. In addition, the doctor may prescribe the creams that relieve the pain. Also eliminate the acute symptoms of varicose veins can ointment and cream based on heparin and indomethacin.
Tablets varicose veins
As mentioned previously, if the varicose veins in women has reached 2 or 3 stage of development, the doctor is required to appoint oral presentation of the special preparations that are used in conjunction with the means of external application. Tablets can be painkillers and anti-inflammatories
The most popular tablets from varicose veins are special drugs that improve blood circulation and blood flow, and reduce the permeability of the vessel walls. In turn means prevent the appearance of stagnant processes in of blood, improving its outflow.
Surgically to cure varicose veins on the legs in women only if drug treatment was ineffective and the doctor gives appointment to the fundamental techniques of therapy. Most often performed on patients suffering from varicose veins of the legs 3 and 4 stages. If in addition the doctors see chronic venous insufficiency, need preparatory conservative therapy.
There are several methods of surgical treatment of varicose veins in women:
- Phlebectomy — surgical excision those veins, because pathology has been extended and modified.
- Sclerotherapy — using injection specialist injects the medication to the affected portion of the vessel, causing it to stick together. Next, the flow enters only healthy vessels, and glued Vienna is gradually resorbed.
- Laser photocoagulation on the affected area begins to be affected by laser irradiation of the high frequency profile.
- Radio wave treatment is the most low-invasive and painless method of treatment involves hospital and rehabilitation.
In the future a favorable outcome of any of these methods of therapy will depend on patient's compliance with all recommendations and instructions of physician. Facilitate the recovery has proper lifestyle, diet, wearing compression underwear as well as equal distribution of work and rest.
Folk remedies and methods
In addition to basic therapy, shall appoint a medical specialist to treat varicose veins on the legs in women can be additionally at home with folk recipes. This home treatment will help to cope with the symptoms of varicose veins, as well as speed up the healing process.
- Night compresses an excellent job with the swelling, itching and pain of varicose veins. To fulfill the need compresses at night for 4-6 weeks to do this, use the following ingredients:
- cabbage leaves, wash and scald with boiling water;
- grated potato;
- aloe and Kalanchoe;
- grated soap, mix with a small amount of warm water;
- solution of Apple cider vinegar with water.
For applying the compress, take a piece of gauze, fold it in several layers, soaked in the prepared materials and put to the right place. A bandage fix dressing, which is removed in the morning.
- Soda, used for compresses, lotions and rubbing. In 100 ml of water dissolve a spoonful of baking soda, obtained by means of wipe the affected areas, rinse these areas with water is not necessary. If you need to make a compress or poultice, in this solution moisten a swab of cotton wool, applying with a bandage to toe. The course of treatment is a minimum of 1 month.
- Tincture of ginseng as a tonic. To prepare the infusion, take 600 ml of vodka and 150 grams of dry root of the plant. Mix the ingredients, the infusion is sent for 2 weeks in a dark and cool place, constantly shaking the container with the contents. Strained tincture 1-2 teaspoons take on an empty stomach daily to 4 times.
If we talk about large varicose veins, traditional medicine recommends to drink soda foot baths. To do this in 2 litres of hot water dissolve 4 tablespoons of baking soda, the resulting solution is added to the water in the tub. The duration of treatment does not exceed 20 minutes, to repeat such manipulations can be 10 times 2 times every 7-10 days.
Exercises and gymnastics
If to increase locomotor activity, it is possible to improve the condition and functioning of the vascular system and blood circulation. Doctors prescribe physiotherapy to those patients who most of the day spend in the standing position. To perform complex exercises in the morning as charging and evenings, all takes no more than 10 minutes.
A set of exercises against varicose veins consists of the following exercises:
- Workout for muscles, namely, the trunk bending in different directions, rotational movement of the head, hand, leg lifts, you can also perform dance moves.
- The following exercise performed on the Mat, such as Cycling, mixing and dilution leg scissors, leg lifts off the floor and lowering, the raising and lowering of the pelvis.
- Stretching helps to boost circulation and blood flow. It can be an exercise plie — a gradual squatting with her legs spread. Also useful would be lunges forward, first right, then left leg. You can perform pull-UPS, lying and standing.
To do the exercises often as the patient will allow the physical condition of the body. It is important that exercises do not cause discomfort and pain. More complex types of exercises for varicose veins of the feet needed to perform under the supervision of a specialist.
If the patient is observed varicose veins running form, exercise and gymnastics only after the approval of the doctor in the special underwear. Such measures will help protect the affected vessels from sprain and injuries.