Greetings, today we talk about the scourge, which often affects even young women and men do not shy away from. Varicose veins on the legs in women, is an insidious disease. It is important to recognize it in the beginning, when the symptoms are easily amenable to therapy.
In this article I will tell you how to understand that you are not okay with the veins, which causes the disease who are at risk. And you will learn how to eat better, to varicose veins has not progressed and most importantly will tell you how to treat varicose veins on the legs in women.
Symptoms of varicose veins
Often women miss the first symptoms, malaise, blaming uncomfortable shoes, heels and heat. But it is important to note the first "bells" and time to start treatment.
Among the main symptoms of varicose veins of the lower extremities can be distinguished:
- Swelling of feet and legs. And can to swell as both legs simultaneously and separately.
- Burning sensation and fullness in the calf.
- The appearance of small spider veins veins in the legs. It is especially noticeable if the skin on the legs slim and light.
- "Star" and the pigmentation in the lower extremities.
- Muscle cramps of the legs, especially at night.
- A feeling of heaviness in the legs, especially in the evening.
- Veins in the legs become visible to the naked eye. They take the form of a convex winding ropes with knots.
- The inner surface of the calf becomes thick, the skin on her shiny, and the hair is falling out.
- The bruises and wounds long healed. The slightest injury appears to be bruising. Can occur ulcers on the lower extremities.
- Veins tenderness on palpation.
After exercise or a long stay on his feet the symptoms worse. Don't delay treatment if you think you have at least two signs of illness. In the photo below you can see simple nodules veins. I think you've seen this convex pattern on the feet of the beautiful half of humanity.
Varicose veins is a serious disease that can cause blockages in the veins and formation of blood clots. Therefore, it is important to know how dangerous are varicose veins and time to begin to heal.
Complications of varicose veins
If left untreated, can cause the following complications:
- Venous insufficiency of the legs.
- Trophic ulcer.
Don't want to scare you, dear readers, but if varicose disease of the legs turned into thrombophlebitis or thrombosis, there is a risk of death if the clot is suddenly detached and the bed of blood gets into the heart. Therefore, it is important to know what appears varicose veins as women and men to engage in its prevention.
Causes of varicose veins
The originators of the problems with the vessels of the legs can be hereditary factors, and comorbidities, lifestyle. Let's see what happens from varicose veins in more detail.
Varicose veins of the legs can cause:
- Genetic predisposition.
- Hormonal disturbances.
- Working predominantly in standing or sitting.
- Lack of exercise, lack of load.
- Excessive physical load on the legs.
- Elevated harmful cholesterol.
- High levels of glucose in the blood.
- Bad habits.
- Excessive consumption of beverages containing caffeine.
- Improper diet, craze fat and high-calorie food, fast food.
Lifestyle can affect the progression of the disease. The fact that a long stay in a static position, whether standing or sitting causes stagnation of blood circulation in the lower extremities. Therefore, it is important to take breaks, warm-up and exercise regularly.
Also the fascination with tight shoes, uncomfortable underwear can contribute to the onset of disease. Prevention of varicose veins, even if there are genetic factors, should be the proper lifestyle, good nutrition and adequate physical activity. We all know that bad habits are not conducive to health, including blood vessels.
Varicose veins in pregnant women
Special mention deserves the varicose veins during pregnancy. The fact that the mothers get into a special zone of risk. After initial signs of disease of the veins may occur even in such young age. Why waiting for a baby can provoke problems with blood vessels of the legs?
- In the later stages of pregnancy, blood flow is impeded in the veins due to intra-abdominal pressure. Simply put, the increased size of the abdomen puts pressure on the blood vessels.
- During pregnancy changes the hormonal status of the woman. Some hormones influence blood stasis, increasing the flexibility of blood vessels.
Fortunately, problems with the veins of the legs can leave immediately after the birth of a baby. But in some cases, if there are genetic factors or other adverse conditions, the disease may progress. If the doctor recommends you to use special compression underwear, listen to his advice.
How to treat varicose veins
After the diagnosis, the doctor usually prescribes a treatment. At the first sign of illness you can buy at the pharmacy or online special ointments or creams.
But at the serious stage of the disease, it is important to choose the right therapy. Varicose vein disease is treated today as with external methods, and with the help of pills. In case of serious symptoms, surgical treatment, sclerotherapy, laser treatment.
Any therapy aimed at preventing complications, reducing symptoms of pain, swelling, improve blood circulation in the vessels of the legs. To maintain the effect, the doctor will prescribe a compression garment and special exercises.
Often first, the doctor prescribes pills and ointments. Ointment have different composition and are designed primarily to solve such problems:
- Eliminate the weakness of the vessel walls.
- Prevent the formation of blood clots.
- Normalize the operation of the valves of the venous system.
- Reduce pain and swelling.
- Heal sores.
- Prevent the formation of spider veins.
When using ointments and gels the main thing – regularity. But sometimes it happens so that medical treatment can not be avoided. It may be given as in the initial stages of the disease, and after surgery.
What effect have pills varicose veins
- Reduce broken blood circulation in the lower extremities.
- Strengthen the walls of blood vessels.
- Reduces inflammation.
- Normalize blood path in the legs.
But no matter how much was medication, with serious violations of blood circulation in the lower extremities it can be ineffective. Well established laser treatment and surgical treatment. But this therapy is only administered by your doctor. It is important to remember that after the removal of nodules veins, you need to do everything possible to have healthy blood vessels again touched by the disease.
How to eat with varicose veins
Any treatment you are not prescribed, it is important to follow a particular diet in case of violation of venous circulation. Special meals will not only allow you to avoid this terrible disease, but also to prevent complications.
Food for varicose veins implies conformity to the following rules:
- Eat more vegetables, especially raw. Vitamins and minerals not only strengthen the blood vessels, but will cleanse them from harmful cholesterol. Vegetables are rich in fiber, so don't forget to include in your daily diet.
- Drink Apple cider vinegar. In the day you should drink 2-4 tablespoons of Apple cider vinegar. Pre-dissolve 2 tablespoons of the product in water and take 1-2 times a day. Use only Apple cider vinegar, do not mix!
- Daily eat fruits and berries. In the winter – dried fruits. Bio-flavonoids, which are rich in gifts of nature, contribute to the health of blood vessels.
- Include in the diet walnuts and legumes.
- Regularly consume seafood.
- The seedlings of cereals is also beneficial effect on blood vessels.
- Do not forget the quality of vegetable oil. Especially olive oil, Flaxseed.
- Limit or eliminate fried, smoked and too spicy foods and dishes.
- Fatty foods also add to the health of blood vessels.
- Salty foods must also be excluded, as the swelling will only worsen the situation.
- Alcohol and large amounts of caffeine when varicose veins are contraindicated.
The abundance in the diet of fresh fruits and vegetables prevents constipation, which is important for good circulation. Also in diseases of the veins, it is important to adjust the weight. Obesity causes complications with blood vessels. Therefore, a balanced diet helps to normalize weight and General condition of the veins.
What are the contraindications, if disease veins
Like any disease, varicose veins has its limitations. If you have problems with the veins of the legs, try to consider the following points:
- Some time after birth, it is impossible to accept hormonal contraceptives. They affect blood clotting.
- It is impossible to do anti-cellulite massage, including the vacuum and honey.
- Avoid weight lifting.
- Do not wear shoes with heels higher than 4 cm.
- Narrow, tight underwear and clothing are off – limits.
- Do not sit foot to foot.
- Forbidden waxing heated skin.
- Do not visit a sauna, steam room and Solarium.