The basic rules of food with varicose veins are designed to increase the effectiveness of therapy. About what can and cannot be eaten in diseases of the veins today and we'll talk.
The purpose of the special power
Pathology is chronic, and therefore requires a comprehensive approach. In addition to a proper diet you must perform all prescription for prevention. To wear a compression garment, a moderately dosed physical load.
The diet aims at:
- Strengthening the walls of blood vessels. Food rich in vitamins and microelements, promotes elasticity and decrease the permeability of vascular walls and has anti-inflammatory action.
- The decrease in blood viscosity. To thin the blood and prevent blood clots are recommended to observe the drinking mode and to prevent dehydration.
- Reducing swelling of tissues. Food helps to fix the problem with fluid retention in the body, which is the main cause of edema.
- The normalization of the bowel. Toxic substances that accumulate in the body due to regular constipation, have a negative impact on the veins. The result increases the load on blood vessels and pressure in the lower limb/the pelvic organs.
- The fight against excess weight. The extra pounds trigger increased pressure in the blood channels, which is one of the major precipitating factors of varicose veins.
Active lifestyle and proper nutrition for a short time restore depleted veins.
To diet must and after treatment using minimally invasive techniques. Pathology in most cases is back again. Bad habits and poor diet the best conditions for a relapse.
Principles of the diet
In the menu, the doctor takes into account:
- the age of the patient;
- the propensity to allergies.
The diet is based on eating foods that promote normal blood circulation, accelerate lymph flow, prevent congestion. A proper balanced diet will prevent the formation of inflammation in blood vessels.
What is useful
Healthy veins are:
- magnesium, etc.
Table of useful vitamins and minerals
|Nutrients||Is the effect||Where|
|Fiber||Improves digestion, prevents constipation||Bran, cereals, vegetables, fruits|
|Vitamin C||Thins the blood, reduces inflammation of veins, strengthens blood vessels||Cranberries, citrus fruits, kiwi, apples, currants, gooseberries, greens|
|Vitamin E||Protects from damage the muscle membrane||Wheat germ, vegetable oils, nuts, eggs, leaf lettuce|
|Bioflavonoids||Stabilize cell membranes, are involved in the synthesis of collagen, increase the elasticity of blood channels||Green tea, buckwheat, berries, citrus|
|Zinc||Normalizes blood viscosity, involved in hematopoiesis||Egg yolk, pine nuts, beef liver and soybeans|
|Omega 3 fatty acids||Protects blood vessels from damage, reduces cholesterol||Seafood, spinach, vegetable oil, cod liver oil, fish|
|Silicon||Involved in the synthesis of collagen and elastin, strengthens walls of blood vessels||Beans, buckwheat, rice, wheat, oats, soybeans, grapes|
|Copper||Prevents thinning and dilatation, is involved in the synthesis of elastin||Seafood, seaweed|
That should magically be present in the diet
A positive effect on the circulatory channels:
- Meat — chicken, veal, rabbit. It is desirable that the meat was steamed. Also useful for varicose veins and beef liver. But from fatty pork should be abandoned.
- Fish and seafood – shrimp, squid, mussels – a great alternative to meat dishes.
- Vegetables. Cabbage, tomatoes, peppers, carrots, beets – are those products that should be the basis of the daily diet if health problems veins.
- Cereals brown long rice. Able to provide the body with the necessary energy. Contains vegetable fiber and trace elements.
- Algae. Contain minerals that positively affect recovery vessels.
- Dried fruits. Dried apricots and prunes in a large number of contain many different minerals, including potassium and magnesium, which contribute to thinning of the blood and strengthens the veins. Are a great replacement for sweets.
- Seasonings. Turmeric, ginger and thyme in the ingredients help to improve the properties of blood.
- Seafood. Saturate the body with omega-3. With their help, it is the resorption of cholesterol which beneficially affects blood circulation.
- Nuts and legumes. In its composition contains vitamin E, easily digestible proteins of plant origin.
- Fruits and berries. A positive effect on respiration, as a source of vitamin C.
- Sprouted wheat. In addition, which helps to cleanse the body, it contains amino acids, fatty acids, vitamins.
- Olive oil. It contains a large amount of vitamin E. the Oil can simply be added to salads.
Under the ban
Wishing to get varicose veins should avoid:
- The grilled meat. It saturates the body with cholesterol. Blood becomes more viscous, inelastic veins hard to promote it to heart.
- Mayonnaise. When cooking it is better to use dairy sauces. They are more useful, and will make the dish even tastier.
- Boxed juices. Contain almost no nutrients. So it is better to prepare your own meals. Too acidic juices it is better to dissolve with water in ratio 1:3. So the body receives the necessary elements, without causing harm to the stomach.
Threat to include:
- spirits. Cause swelling, promote the formation of blood clots. Many people wonder whether it is possible in the treatment of varicose veins to drink alcoholic beverages and energy. The answer, no — they complicate the course of disease;
- strong coffee and tea. These drinks make the blood more viscous, which significantly increases the pressure;
- smoked foods. Contribute to the development of inflammatory processes;
- salt. Various pickles, marinades, causing edemas;
- sodas. Contribute to the development of varicose veins in the legs;
- sweets. Excessive consumption can lead to excess weight. This in turn leads to the development of serious vascular diseases.
Should also abandon the semi-finished products, canned food, burgers, spices. They in their composition contain natural ingredients.
Features drinking regime
To keep the blood well circulated, it is necessary to observe a drinking mode. To calculate the necessary volume of water can be as follows: for every kilogram of body weight 40 ml of water.
Thus, the girl is 60 kg per day should drink at least 2.4 litres.
There is an opinion that in the treatment of varicose veins, you can drink the water below the specified norms, as it contains soups, juices, tea. This is a misconception. In these products there are substances which, on the contrary, inhibit the thinning of the blood.
Very strong dehydrating effect of strong teas and coffee. Therefore it is better to drink fruit drinks, fruit drinks, herbal tea and fresh juices.
The optimal caloric
Norm of calories in the diet would be 30 kcal per kilogram of body weight. So a woman weighing 60 kg should consume up to 1800 calories.
If there is a need in losing weight, norm of 1200 kcal for women and 1500 for men.
All diets with varicose veins is aimed at reducing weight, because many people know that this disease is more common in overweight people. Therefore, when the menu should not contain any components that contribute to the formation of edema in the lower extremities.
A large part of the diet should be fresh vegetables and fruits. To cook food should be steamed, stewed or boiled.
To remove puffiness helps products containing in its composition fiber and protein. It berries, dairy products, cereals, grains, bran.
You should eat small frequent meals. A couple of times a week should arrange a fasting day. In this period, you should limit the consumption of food and prefer water, juices, fruit drinks and green tea.
Sample menu of food for varicose veins
Approximately menu can be formed thus:
- Breakfast. Porridge with water or milk. You can Supplement it with chopped fruits and berries.
- The second Breakfast. Salad and green tea.
- Lunch. Soup or boiled fish and salad vegetables.
- An afternoon snack. Yogurt with fruit or berries.
- Dinner. Rice or buckwheat porridge with vegetables or fish.
- 3 hours before bedtime can drink a glass of milk, yogurt or jelly.
One of the relevant diet for varicose veins is aimed at normalization of weight. It includes:
|Breakfast||A small sandwich of bread and cheese, 150 grams of fruit and half a Cup of juice.|
|Second Breakfast||Low-fat yogurt or green tea.|
|Lunch||Baked fish with a side dish of cereals or vegetables.|
|Afternoon tea||Fruit or vegetable salad, dressed with olive oil.|
|Dinner||Tomato soup with black bread or a dish of cottage cheese and eggs.|
Remember that meals should be agreed with your doctor. He will tell you what products will suit You.