Varicose veins – a widespread disease that is characterized by widening of the lumen of blood vessels, disruption of the valve apparatus and the occurrence of the reverse current of blood. The pathologic process may be localized in different places, so the types of diseases a few:
- dilatation of the esophagus;
- veins of the rectum (hemorrhoids);
- the veins of the pelvis;
- veins of the spermatic cord (varicocele);
- veins of the lower extremities.
The most common is varicose veins of the legs. According to some estimates, they affect more than 30% of the population, most are women. Varicose veins on the legs is not only ugly protruding veins, but also a lot of discomfort and inconvenience. The pathological process is accompanied by heaviness, pain, edema, often leads to dangerous complications: thrombophlebitis, thrombosis, venous ulcers. Many would like to know how to get rid of varicose veins forever, since it significantly affects the quality of life. But, unfortunately, this phenomenon is irreversible and the only thing you can achieve is to stop or slow the progression of the disease.
Causes of varicose veins is still not determined for sure. It is clear that the disease is associated with thinning, weakness and loss of elasticity of the vascular wall and incompetent valves. In the result, the veins become irregularly dilated, tortuous, knotted long. It is believed that a crucial role in the occurrence of disease is a genetic predisposition, that is, from the birth of weak blood vessels and defective valves.
There are several factors that contribute to the development of varicose veins, though not of his reasons:
- Heredity (according to experts, the risk of disease in people whose parents suffer from them, is up to 70%).
- Belonging to the female sex. This is due to hormonal changes in puberty, during pregnancy and at menopause, and hormonal contraceptives and the wearing of shoes with high heels.
- Work activity associated with prolonged stay on your feet or in a sitting position (hairdressers, sellers, surgeons, waiters, drivers, accountants, programmers, and others).
- Old age, in which the weakening of the vessel walls and wear of the valve apparatus – a natural phenomenon.
- A sedentary way of life.
- Increased intra-abdominal pressure due to obesity, pregnancy, heavy lifting (longshoremen, athletes-weightlifters), frequent reductions in chronic constipation and coughing.
Varicose veins is a chronic process that begins gradually and over time progresses. Completely curing the disease is impossible, but to slow the progression and lessen symptoms is possible if a holistic treatment, which includes:
- the lifestyle change;
- compression therapy;
- medications (for internal intake and local destination);
- thermal procedures;
- folk methods.
To deal with varicose veins have a lifetime. Self-treatment is not necessary to deal. You need to get checked out by phlebologist or a vascular surgeon, who will make the diagnosis and determine the stage of disease and the severity of the lesion, prescribe the appropriate treatment. The main task – to remove or reduce clinical manifestations, to stop the progression, prevent relapses and complications.
The effectiveness of the treatment will depend on the patients all the doctor's recommendations. It is important to seek help at an early stage, when there is no pain, but appeared the evening swelling, heaviness and leg fatigue, small spider veins on the skin.Correction lifestyle
Without lifestyle changes it is impossible to effectively fight varicose veins. The rules, which must adhere completely banal, and their failure usually is due to lack of willpower or irresponsible attitude towards their health.
- Maintaining a normal body weight.
- Parting with bad habits: alcohol and Smoking.
- The rejection of sunbathing, a visit to the steam rooms and saunas, taking hot baths (including foot).
- The rejection of high heels (not more than 4-5 cm).
- Wearing the special elastic knitwear.
- Providing physical activity. This can be walking, swimming, therapeutic physical training, some sports. Most importantly, eliminate sit-UPS, weight lifting, running long distances, jumping, martial arts.
- Proper nutrition. The diet should be more fresh vegetables, fruits, greens, whole grains, seafood. The amount of meat is recommended to reduce. We need to abandon smoked, fried, salty, fatty. From drinks to give preference to green tea, pure water, fruit drinks, fresh organic juices and limit coffee.
- Use every opportunity throughout the day in order to raise the legs up at an angle of approximately 20 degrees.
- Buy a special pillow for the feet that they are during sleep were above the level of the heart.
- Try as often as possible rinse feet with cool water.
Special elastic knitwear is today available in a large assortment. This socks, stockings, tights in different colors and densities, which do not differ from normal. They have become a good alternative to inconvenient to use and unattractive elastic bandage.
A special Jersey can not treat varicose veins, but it improves microcirculation, reduces strain on the veins, prevents blood stagnation, reduces the diameter of blood vessels, increases outflow of venous blood and lymph. A person feels lightness in the legs, in the evening less tired, no edema is present.
The first time without the habit of wearing compression stockings is difficult. To simplify your task, you can buy a special tool.
There are four class of medical knitwear, depending on the exerted pressure. You can only wear jewelry 1 class of compression that are considered preventive and is intended for healthy people. The rest must be prescribed by a doctor depending on the diagnosis and severity of varicose veins. You should know that compression devices can be contraindicated in some diseases. Tights or stockings selected by the doctor strictly according to the size, otherwise the desired effect will be.Medication
To treat varicose veins used as tablets and external funds in the form of gels, creams and ointments of various range of actions. They increase vascular tone, improve microcirculation, promote blood flow, prevent changes of the skin. Drugs designed to eliminate fatigue, heaviness, discomfort, swelling, itching, cramps and leg pain. They are appointed strictly individually.
The main means of treatment of varicose veins is venotonics. They are made on the basis of horse chestnut, rutin, grape leaves and almost always well tolerated by patients. Are produced in the form of tablets, capsules, gels.
You must daily put on the legs with dilated veins gel or cream and RUB lightly.
To reduce blood viscosity and reduce the likelihood of thrombophlebitis used anticoagulants. This ointment on the basis of heparin with cooling additives in the form of menthol, camphor, eucalyptus. In addition to thin the blood, they inhibit the development of thrombophlebitis.
Changes in skin causing itching, can prescribe antihistamines. Inflammation prescribe non-steroidal anti-inflammatory pills.Surgery
For getting rid of varicose veins performed surgery to remove the affected part of the vessel to stop the discharge of blood from the superficial veins into the deep. The operation is called phlebectomy. In classical form, it is now used less often in connection with the emergence of new, less traumatic ways of dealing with varicose veins. This treatment usually is indicated for large diameters of the veins and severe cases of the disease.
A more gentle method is microflebectomy in which a section of vein removed parts and through the incision and through a puncture.Thermal methods
Radiofrequency ablation is considered the safest and least traumatic method of treatment of varicose veins, although it has some contraindications. Method involves thermal effects of microwaves, with the result that the venous lumen is closed. Key benefits:
- outpatient treatment;
- does not need anesthesia and the incision;
- recovery does not take much time;
- the procedure is easily tolerated;
- you can do this summer;
- bruising no treatment, slight swelling and pain.
Radiofrequency ablation – minimal invasive method of treating varicose veins.
Laser coagulation is another treatment method of varicose veins. During the procedure, the vessel wall is exposed to the laser. Radiation leads to the bonding of the walls of the veins and the complete closure of the lumen. Outpatient basis under local anesthesia without incisions. In the lumen of the vein to insert a catheter, through which is introduced the led and pump radiation. Procedure without injuries, complications are very rare.Sclerotherapy
This non-surgical method one of the most common. Is used in small veins and as part of a comprehensive treatment along with surgical intervention. The essence lies in the fact that with the help of a thin needle in the vein injected a special drug with a sclerosing action. The result is adhesion of the walls of the vessel, its closure and cessation of blood flow. Amazed by Vienna turns into a fibrous cord. The main advantages of the method:
- outpatient treatment;
- low invasiveness;
- ease of implementation;
- the procedure takes about 20 minutes;
- a good cosmetic effect.
If you run the disease, can develop complications such as deep vein thrombosis.Traditional methods
Tincture of walnut In a glass jar pour the crushed unripe walnuts and pour olive oil. Put in the sun for 40 days. How to apply the right tool, smearing the affected area. The treatment last about four months.Cabbage leaf
To repel the cabbage leaf, on one side apply a layer of olive oil to make this side to the sore area, wrap and leave for a day. Continue treatment for one month.Horse chestnut
This is one of the most effective folk remedies. To treat varicose veins prepare infusion of the fruit plants that you need to grind, fill half a glass bowl (liter) and pour the vodka. To remove in a dark place for a month, from time to time to stir. When ready, RUB the sore spots for the night. Alcohol tincture of sweet chestnut for outdoor and indoor use with varicose veins you can buy at the pharmacy.
Therapeutic exercise is an integral part of a comprehensive treatment for varicose veins.Exercises
The appearance of varicose veins, the question may arise of whether to engage in physical activities and sports and any exercise is good. Most doctors agree that physical activity in this disease is very important because for veins useful harmful dynamics and statics. But it is equally important to consult with your doctor about what sports you can do and what the load will be optimal. Moreover, the patient can be shown the special medical gymnastics, which is carried out directly in a medical facility. At home also you can perform simple but effective exercises that with regular exercises will help to reduce the symptoms of varicose veins.
- Lie on your back, under the leg to put a pillow so they climbed at an angle of 20 degrees. Close your eyes, relax, breathe deeply.
- In supine position, raise legs vertically and to rotate the feet alternately inwards and outwards.
- Lie on your back and perform leg movements, like riding a bike.
- Lying on back, raise legs and make them crossing (scissors).
- Stand up straight, hands down, feet together. Slowly rise on toes, then slowly down.
- Walk in place, socks from the floor not to interrupt.
- Sitting on a chair, bend the legs at the foot joint on yourself and from yourself, then likewise bend the fingers.
- Dousing the feet with a strong stream of water (alternately cool then warm).
Varicose veins is an irreversible process, but to treat it is necessary, especially because modern methods to be applied in the complex, quite a lot. Without treatment, the risk of complications such as chronic venous insufficiency, phlebitis, thrombophlebitis, thrombosis, ulcers, and even such a dangerous condition that can result in death as pulmonary embolism.