Varicose veins of the legs is a very common and dangerous disease that must be treated early.
The most effective method is a complex therapy, which included not only medicines and physiotherapy, but elastic compression of the veins.
At advanced stages of the disease will help only operation. Compression underwear for varicose veins treatment corrects pathology and improves the condition of the patient.
The essence of the therapeutic effects
Compression treatment of diseases of the veins has been practiced since ancient times. How does this lingerie? It gradually compresses the veins in the legs with varying intensity, from bottom to top.
Stronger 100% the pressure is happening in the area of the ankles, as it is from this area of the blood more difficult to climb.
In this area most often occurs stagnation of blood, and there are trophic wounds.
In the area of the lower leg, towards the knee, the level of compression is 70% and slightly above the hips – 40%.
Due to the compression of veins and the proper distribution of the load normalizes blood circulation and blood stagnates in the vessels. Tissues will receive nutrients and oxygen.
With regard to damaged veins, tonus of the walls increases, they no longer are expanding and getting thinner.
Compression stockings, in fact, takes the work of the muscles themselves, stimulating the muscles of the lower extremities. As a consequence, disappear swelling, heaviness, fatigue.
Medical antivarikozny tights, stockings are not sold without a doctor's prescription. You can buy them only in specialized orthopedic salons.
The levels of compression underwear:
- First level. The pressure is 22 mm Hg. This preventative linen, which is used for varicose veins (early stages). When a patient of spider veins slightly increased blood vessels, and in the evening legs.
- Second level. Pressure of 30 mm Hg. To wear medical hosiery such level allowed to people who have found venous disease of moderate severity.
- Third level. Pressure is 43 mm Hg. These tights used for severe varicose veins with trophic disorders.
- The fourth level. The pressure was 48 mm Hg. Is applied in order to reduce swelling. Tights, knee socks varicose veins with this level of compression is most often used in the inpatient unit.
Material for medical linen
Antivarikozny tights, stockings, socks made from elastic threads of nylon, cotton, elastane and microfiber.
Seamless hypoallergenic linen, which looks like an ordinary, although the design is different.
Tights, stockings varicose absorb moisture, allow the skin to breathe. Products look great, they are comfortable to wear under clothing.
Compression is created through the processing of medical knitwear with application technological innovation.
The choice of health knit large. What underwear is best to choose?
Compression products depending on therapeutic
- Preventive antivarikozny tights. Have the least intensity of pressure (17 mm Hg), they can be worn to prevent varicose veins.Underwear is must for people who are a lot on the feet or on the contrary lead a sedentary lifestyle, athletes and pregnancy. Preventive products should be worn if the feet appeared spider veins begin to appear veins, aching or swollen legs in the evening.Preventive linens you need to get healthy people of such professions as teachers, salespeople, hairdressers, drivers, etc. and anyone who during the day is in one static position. It can be purchased in any pharmacy without prescription.
- Treatment of the product. Have a high level of compression (up to 48 mm Hg). There is intense exposure of the ankles.
- Hospital Jersey. Maximum supports the blood vessels, prevents severe vein disease, e.g., thrombosis. Used after surgery, childbirth.
The range of compression hosiery:
- Tights varicose veins are most popular among pregnant women, too, for which, by the way, a special model (without pressure in the abdomen). The product is comfortable to wear, easy to remove and wear them hard. Despite this, they are perfectly fixed on the leg, not slide, so that the pressure is evenly distributed on foot.
- Knee varicose veins with a zipper. This is a great option for men. There are models for tourists, active people, as well as preventive products for everyday wear. Anti-varicose socks presented in a variety of design.
- Orthopedic socks. More durable than other types of underwear. Characterized in that the toe of this model open. Shall apply if the parcel is damaged by varicose veins small.
- Elastic bandages. Refer to the most primitive and the available methods of prophylaxis and therapy of varicose veins. However, its therapeutic properties are directly dependent on your ability to apply them. It is important to wrap the foot for an even distribution of compression.
How to choose compression so that it is as efficient as possible? Products differ only in length: leg warmers over knee stockings varicose veins reach the thigh and the elastic of the tights should be at the waist. Select medical hosiery is required in accordance with the localization of the main symptoms. If dilated veins on the calves, you will need to purchase leg warmers, and if higher, it will only stockings or tights varicose.
In addition, you need to know your size, it is necessary to make measurements of the lower extremity.
If you buy leg warmers, compete centimeter of the circumference of the calf above the ankle and below the knee. And I also have to measure the length from the foot to the knee.
Measurements for selecting compression stockings
If you need varicose vein stockings, measure the circumference of leg above the ankle and below the knee, and hip circumference of 26 cm from the knee, if the person is high, then at the height of 32 cm Also, measure the length from the foot to the groin.
If you are going to buy tights for varicose veins, in addition to all of the above measurements, you must measure the waist and buttocks.
To correctly choose a product, compare your settings with the data in the dimension tables on packages of underwear. But it is better to buy clothes in the store, so the consultant picked up the product corresponds exactly to your measurements.
Preventive pantyhose varicose veins must be worn during pregnancy, especially in the first 3 months. Medical underwear for women in a position different from the usual.
Is the gum on my tights elastic belt that supports the abdomen without compressing it.
Many pregnant women prefer stockings with varicose veins. This is due to the fact that the tights still cause discomfort in expectant mothers. And the stockings are comfortable to wear, they do not constrict the abdomen and fit.
Types of compression stocking:
- with silicone rubber band;
- with a belt-corset;
- with open fingers.
How to wear?
Not only is it important to choose wisely and wear linen, it is also necessary to correctly wear. Step-by-step actions:
- Medical hosiery must be worn immediately after sleeping in the bed.
- Don't have to stretch and twist the product.
- Gather the top into an accordion, paste up tights (stockings, socks), gently insert the foot.
- Slowly, without sudden movements unroll, pull the product to the Shin, knee, thigh.
- In the supine position raise your buttocks, gently pull the tights on the waist.
Anti-varicose stockings dress up the same way.
How to wear compression tights
Compression socks open toe dress with a sliding sock:
- sliding wear socks;
- stretch of Golf on the sock, remove it;
- gently straighten your Golf course.
There are special devices that facilitate donning compression clothes.
Use latex gloves to avoid scratching the compression garment. Toenails also need to cut and rasp.
Rules for the care of linen
- Wash clothes after each use, but not in the machine, and hands.
- Prohibited much to twist, to wring of the product.
- Dry linen towel and let dry in a horizontal position.
- Allowable temperature for washing is 35°.
- To wash a delicate soap or shampoo.
- Do not use powder, bleach, cleaning chemicals.
- Antivarikozny tights it is forbidden to dry on the radiator or the sun.
- As for stocking, it should be protected from water silicone gum.
- Wipe it with a cotton swab dipped in alcohol.
Subject to the rules of care, medical quality compression hosiery will be pleasing you for a long time. Buy underwear only in the tested areas.
And remember that compression is measured in mm Hg. Don't skimp on your health, and your feet will thank you.
Stockings from varicose veins in the legs: prices, how to choose
Varicose veins requires greater attention.
Treatment together with prevention may prevent the spread of varicose veins and development of relapse.
With prophylactic and therapeutic purposes are often used stockings from varicose veins, the price of which varied depending on the manufacturer and the compression class.
When applying surgical stockings
The most common types of compression underwear – stockings. This Jersey is versatile, and perhaps its use in various patient groups, including male part of the population.
Before use it is necessary to consult a specialist doctor-phlebologist, who will pick up depending on the extent of damage grade compression hosiery and will give recommendations for wearing it. Stockings for veins in the legs are chosen individually, so as to provide different pressure on the blood vessels. Its use differs from the stage of varicose veins.
The mechanism of action of elastic stockings varicose veins is that the pressure exerted by them on the veins of the lower limb, decreasing from the ankle to the thigh. This creates a close approximation of the value of the pressure in the vessels of the legs in a healthy person, the blood does not stagnate and the vein is not expanded.
Indications for the use of orthopedic stocking varicose veins are:
- varicose veins of the lower extremities;
- chronic venous insufficiency;
- preoperative period before surgery on the veins;
- the rehabilitation period after interventions of the surgeon.
Assigning different classes of compression hosiery differ and depend on the stage of the disease. The price of the product grow with the class.
Class 1 compression is designated as prevention of varicose veins by providing mild pressure:
- often used in women during pregnancy;
- treatment 1 stage of varicose veins;
- prevention of varicose disease with increased swelling in the legs, heaviness or pain in the legs.
Class 2 compression stockings varicose veins on the legs is intended to provide a medium level of pressure:
3 compression class, exerted strong pressure on blood vessels and is used for:
- thrombosis of deep veins;
- violation of lymph flow.
4 compression class knit provides maximum compression of the limb and is used for:
- developmental abnormalities in the blood vessels of congenital nature;
- elephantiasis of the limbs because of the constant stagnation of lymph.
Orthopedic stockings varicose veins have advantages over tights:
- allow to put the necessary pressure on the lower limbs up to groin area;
- do not exert pressure on the abdomen and buttocks;
- conveniently placed on the legs and removed;
- have an attractive appearance, which is no different from stocking without anti-varicose effect.
Have elastic stockings varicose veins advantages over the knee socks:
- pressure to the thighs;
- have the toe and heel which eliminates the possibility of their displacement;
- can be worn as usual underwear knit.
Of the disadvantages of stocking can be identified:
- do not put pressure on the area above the hips;
- can quickly be torn on the toes or heels;
- prices on high-quality products of foreign manufacture are not affordable for everyone.
How to choose compression stockings for varicose veins
All patients who are faced with the problem of varicose veins, concerned with the question of how to choose compression stockings for varicose veins.
Correctly chosen underwear varicose veins in the legs is a major tool in the fight against the disease. The choice of linen is done only after consultation with your doctor.
In addition to the selection of the appropriate compression class, you need to choose the right size.
If the size of the Jersey is matched less will cause painful sensations when severe compression of the veins of the legs. If linen is more, will not provide the necessary impacts.
Compression stockings for varicose veins are selected according to several parameters:
- The degree of compression;
- Stockings must be 10 centimeters to block the affected vessel for maximum effect;
Elastic stockings from varicose veins can be:
- with silicone bands on legs;
- with Velcro belt;
- with an open toe that allows you to wear them in the summer.
Size compression stockings for varicose veins it is necessary to choose carefully.
All measurements should be made in the morning without getting out of bedwhen the volume of the lower extremities and minimal close to the norm.
Measurements are taken with measuring tape in position with raised legs. Then the table is determined by the required size of the stocking.
Any anti-varicose product for leg veins contains in its composition of elastane, which provides the necessary pressure on the lower limbs, depending on the species. Linen is made by special technology according to the type of circular knitting.
Elastic stockings varicose veins veins in the legs to treat the disease. Compression and corrective stockings is a must buy for the prevention and treatment of varicose veins in the legs. It is recommended to wear working time and home time at rest.