Diseases of the blood vessels of the circulatory system and hemostasis difficult and dangerous. To deal with them is also difficult, for example, the treatment of varicose veins how much effort and patience it requires. But life now is such that only and has to the varicose veins of the lower extremities. Though standing behind the counter, though sitting behind a computer, though uncomfortable shoes that have and rush all hinders the flow, causing stasis in the veins of the legs, and if this disease parents were persecuted, in danger twice.
Young girls think that they do not face, always slender legs and lungs, therefore, according to the latest fashion choose high heels and run on these days. The main thing - the beauty, the inconvenience can be patient, because beauty, as you know, the victims want. And the victims can be very large...
What are varicose veins and why expanded veins?
For violation of the structure of the vascular wall and reduction of vascular tone of deep veins of lower extremities dilate unevenly. This process is very well contributes to the excessive load on their feet. The blood received via the blood channel the systemic circulation from the left ventricle, enriched with oxygen and nutrients to the lower extremities and pick up carbon dioxide and metabolic products from them would have to climb up through the veins through the right ventricle to the lung to give away the unnecessary and to pick up the next batch required lower extremities substances.
Veins of lower extremities provided with valves to raise the blood did not return back because she overcomes the attraction of the Earth, rising up. In varicose veins the valves cannot close tightly, so all the blood doesn't disappear, but starts to fall down and stagnate. Then it comes to the new portion and the blood circulation.
From the stagnation of blood in venous vessels slowly begin to form thrombi (clots), which are called red, as they consist mainly of red blood cells. The clot itself forms a head and a tail, the head is attached to the vessel wall, and the free tail leaves sticking of platelets. The formed blood clots permanently attached to the walls of varicose veins become a time bomb, for detached and released into the bloodstream, the clot is very dangerous as it can clog vital arteries. The thrombi are detached, usually the tail and going on a short trip. After passing safely the right atrium, the clot may get stuck immediately in the pulmonary trunk, if has a large size, or will move into the pulmonary arteries that successfully overcome. Many have heard about the sudden death brought by a clot in the blood vessels of the lungs, doctors this phenomenon is called pulmonary embolism (pulmonary embolism).
Where lies the reason?
To say that varicose veins of the lower limbs the phenomenon is ubiquitous - nothing to say. But there are people who live to a ripe old age, and varicose veins have no idea. Why? Maybe originally they knew the secret or lay life on the couch with your feet raised?
In order that the organisational structure of the vessel wall venous disturbed, especially do not need much, just some innate characteristics of the individual or conditions in life may cause the beginning of the pathological process:
- Genetic predisposition, that is, people from my parents gets, NOT a disease, and the structure of the vessels, tendency to varicose veins and disease;
- Female gender in relation to natural purpose.
- Loss of elasticity and tone of the vascular wall.
Loss of elasticity and tone of the vascular wall occurs in case of:
- Professional (work related to prolonged stay in an upright position);
- Excess stress during pregnancy, obesity and exercise;
- Hormonal background, where the leading place belongs to the hormonal changes during pregnancy and menopause;
- Constant violation of diet and food preferences of products that affect vascular wall;
- Diseases of the metabolism;
- Diseases of the liver (hepatitis and cirrhosis);
- Venous-arterial fistula, which can cause varicose veins even in adolescents.
Do a varicose veins of legs?
In addition to these described the terrible events of varicose disease of the lower limbs simply unattractive. Early in the disease, when expanded 2-3 wreaths, people often focus on is not paying, but the disease progresses, problems begin. The knots came out, the skin on the inner surface of the leg glows and changes colors, and those seats get really itchy. The skin is damaged and ulcerate. But if plus have diabetes? Varicose veins on the legs – not an independent disease of the legs, it involves the whole body, because it is the circulatory system.
Thus, the manifestations of varicose veins of the lower extremities can be represented as follows:
- The feeling of tiredness in the legs, heaviness and swelling of the limbs;
- Thickened and convoluted plots of the veins protruding above the skin surface of the tibia dark-blue nodes;
- Compacted, darkened elasticity in the affected areas, the skin;
- Cramps in the legs;
- Hair loss and burning sensation in areas of varicose veins;
- Itching in areas of varicose nodes.
- Increased pain;
- As a result of stasis dermatitis, eczema and ulceration of damaged areas;
- Itchy areas appear vesicles and cracks that give bleeding at the slightest injury. And where there is bleeding, thrombus formation is always present.
Blood clots can, in turn, easily be complicated by thrombophlebitis, which is characterized by the following features:
- Shortness of breath, shortness of breath, weakness;
- The increase in temperature of the affected limb, her skin hot and tight;
- Pain in the course of the vessel;
- Redness of the limb in the course of the affected vein.
Special types of varices
Female varicose veins
Of course, the most inherent varicose veins of the lower extremities, but veins pelvic also is a frequent phenomenon and one can imagine what the authorities there can walk, because the eye is not visible that occurs in the veins of the internal organs. Especially in the plan "succeeds" the female body, women even have a separate group of "their" varicose veins.
The physiological characteristics of the fair half of mankind predispose to this disease more so as nature has endowed their function of procreation, and has supplied special bodies where circulation is very intensive requiring a large number of veins and arteries. When a woman is preparing to become a mother, the body needs to rebuild and ensure a normal gestation. Of course, the load on the body is enormous and stagnation in the pelvis and lower extremities, takes place.
Varicose veins during pregnancy will be the starting point for the development of the disease in the future, where dilatation of the pelvis as the legs will probably take a "decent" place and over time begins to represent a threat not only health but also human life.
The trouble is that the varicose veins of small pelvis just do not see, for it requires special equipment, because the veins of the pelvis is not as accessible as on the legs. However, they also form nodes, and similarly, the veins of the legs can include blood clots that can break off and "started up in free swimming", sorry, short... Varicose veins of the pelvis can cause internal bleeding. Operations on the pelvic organs, especially in medicine, require the use of compression hosiery (stockings and tights) to prevent life-threatening complications associated with the removal of a blood clot.
Men's varicose veins
Varicose veins in men, it happens to a lesser extent than women, but in the case of lesions of the feet is manifested similarly. Therefore, all that is said above and below - is fully applicable to the stronger sex.
I should add that men can boast of male varicose veins - varicose veins of the spermatic cord (varicocele). Fortunately, this type of male varicose veins operated well and life is not particularly dangerous, but it's better to do without it.
Reticular (cosmetic) .
Sometimes through the skin of the Shin or thigh suddenly begins to exude a mesh of small blood vessels. Especially impressionable can be calm - this so-called reticular varices, or varicose superficial veins. It is benign and not quite real. The progression and serious complications are not inherent to him, he, in General, other than the small cosmetic flaw, does not threaten. Therefore, reticular varicose veins of the lower extremities is also called cosmetic.
But it is not particularly susceptible to remember, what is dangerous varicose veins on the legs and begin combating early on that are just missed and missed by the patient. However, finding out about the disease, future patients of the vascular surgeon did try to do without surgery in the future, interested in the recipes of traditional medicine and often quite successfully cope with the progression of the disease at home.
Treatment of folk remedies
Food for varicose veins
Undoubtedly, nutrition varicose role. And considerable. Lose weight with varicose veins is actually very useful, so this should start, of course, without resorting to numerous promotional products which can be good for weight loss easy, but is contraindicated in the treatment of varicose veins.
Varicose veins of the lower extremities in the first place one should forget:
- About alcohol (completely);
- Strong coffee;
- Canned, spicy and smoked products;
- Sweets and salt are varicose veins does not even love - they retain water in the body;
- Fried potatoes is very good to replace potatoes" and hear what I advise people in the know.
And knowledgeable suggest:
- to consume foods rich in vitamins A and E, although b and C also will not hinder;
- wheat, rye and oats, cabbage of all varieties and soybean, carrot, gooseberry and wild rose in particular have a beneficial effect on the venous wall;
- unlimited vegetables, fresh juices of citrus, blueberries, cranberries and strawberries fresh;
- nettle, dill and parsley in salads, will not only help with varicose veins, but also markedly reduce weight.
Apple cider vinegar against varicose veins
Apple cider vinegar is widely sold in the store and is quite expensive. Pleasant to the taste. To treat take:
2 teaspoons of vinegar, add a spoonful of honey, fill with purified water in an amount of 200-250 ml and drink the morning on an empty stomach. Diluted in a ratio of 1:10 Apple cider vinegar good evening grate of the tibia, in the morning, the vessels will feel it.
It's time to see a doctor.
Sometimes, early treatment stops the disease process, and people live on without the doctor, supporting themselves with folk remedies, regime and diet. But what happens when the disease started and already can't help:
- Infusions and decoctions;
- Compression stockings;
- Ointments and creams advertised in the media;
- Massage and gymnastics;
- Even hirudotherapy does not help.
So, it's time to visit the doctor. In the registry, any clinic will explain what varicose veins of the lower extremities is a special surgeon vessels.
Of course, medicine is always striving to do without radical measures, that is, without surgery, to the latest trying conservative treatment. Any operation, even the simplest, is associated with impaired blood vessel integrity, and, therefore, thrombus formation, which occurs with varicose veins. In addition, any surgical intervention requires anesthesia. Here you should consider the age of the patient, it is known that in old age, varicose veins often accompany chronic diseases of the respiratory and cardiovascular system, and this circumstance greatly complicates the choice and maintenance of anaesthesia. Therefore, a vascular surgeon treats varicose veins conservatively at first.
For conservative methods of treatment, in addition to the ointment, cream, pill varicose veins, include such types of minimally invasive surgery, such as compression sclerotherapy (special therapy) and laser coagulation of varicose veins (below), since such treatment does not require stay in hospital, less traumatic and almost painless.
For the treatment of varicose veins of the lower extremities prescribe medications that improve blood flow through the veins, defending the wall and blood thinners. These include:
- Drugs whose action is directed at improving venous outflow;
- Antiplatelet agents that dissolve clots;
- Drugs that prevent blood clotting (anticoagulants);
- Ointment varicose veins, gels and creams of local significance, has a therapeutic effect on the above-mentioned criteria;
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.