Disease with the "big geography", which is diagnosed in more than half of the inhabitants of the earth – varicose veins of the lower extremities.
Varicose veins caused by sudden disturbances in the outflow of venous blood in the footwell, or overflow and vascular blockage causes the development of degradation processes in the venous walls. This process contributes to the failure of the valve system and connective tissue weakness of the veins.
What is the root of all evil?
Huge extensive system of reservoirs, including superficial and deep venous vessels, supplying blood to the heart of man. Connects them with each other kind of alarm system, providing timely discharge of blood.
The main burden in ensuring the necessary circulation in the deep venous vessels, because of their bulk and strength. And only a small dose loads of take on surface vessels.
Heart like a pump "runs" the blood vascular channels. Under certain loads (walking, squatting, etc.) heart, to push through the veins, overcomes the gravitational force (of attraction). When the muscle tissue of the legs relaxed (if poor training or at rest) under the weight of gravity the blood, rapidly descends to the feet.
The presence of the particular vein walls of the pockets, to facilitate the accomplishment of the valve function and prevents reverse circulation of the blood. The value of valve system is very large, it acts as a gate and any of its damage leads to disruption of blood flow and increased blood flow, flush down.
This causes stagnation of blood in the veins, their enlargement and inflammation, swelling and bumps, the failure of the valve system is not able to stop the enlarged vein. The result – a violation of blood circulation in the extremities and varicose venous extension.
Causes of varicose veins
The disease has two forms of development – primary and secondary. The Genesis of primary varicose of the legs caused by abnormalities of the venous wall:
- decrease of their tone;
- the loss of elasticity;
- increased intravenous pressure.
- nodular formations in extended vessels.
In the development of these pathologies did not play a role:
- genetic predisposition;
- advanced age;
- overweight and injury;
- large load on the leg veins.
To trigger the development of the disease can be sudden load on the legs and strains of pregnancy and childbirth. The consequence of these factors, in most cases, to become increased intravenous pressure in the extremities and damage to the valve apparatus.
The cause of the secondary form of – post-thrombotic varicose is caused by pathological processes in the most vascular system of the legs in the form:
- thrombosis, transferred to the primary phase of the disease;
- congenital vascular dysplasia and fistula in arteries and veins;
- syndrome parks-Weber;
- tumors and trauma;
- immunological and neuroendocrine disorders.
An additional factor in the development of varicose veins in women can be oral contraceptives causing hormonal imbalance. A direct correlation has not been confirmed, but their admission can develop complicated processes existing pathology caused by the varicose veins of the extremities.
Early signs of varicose veins in the legs non-specific and few. Very pronounced varicose veins, pain syndrome in the legs under load, accompanied by mounds and burning of the affected areas.
Normal – foot fatigue, swelling of the back areas of feet and shins. There is pain syndrome aching, that comes in the course of the veins.
The usual symptom of the initial stage of the disease is that pain and swelling are more pronounced in the evening and till the morning pass. Visible changes of the veins in the beginning of the disease is not observed. The patient may feel only a great weariness.
- The disease progresses slowly, may develop over the years. The lack of timely treatment can manifest chronic venous insufficiency.
Symptoms of varicose veins of the legs - 7 traits
The main symptoms of varicose veins in the legs are characterized by:
1. External changes of the vessels. The shape and configuration of the deep and the saphenous vessels – the most striking symptom of varicose veins. It is noted saccular or lobular uniform thickening of blood vessels with nodular lesions and localization club.
They become purple or bluish in color. Not previously visible small blood vessels appearing on the surface in the form of fine vascular network. Often such changes appear on the leg and in the inner zone of the foot.
2. Pain syndrome. The usual manifestation is that of caviar. With the development of the disease, they become stronger and are accompanied by muscle spasms of the lower leg, orthostatic illness, care of pain in the supine position and the resumption of the transition to the standing position.
Palpation painful in the absence of visible changes, confirms the pathological changes in deep-lying vessels.
3. Swelling. Manifestation of swelling in the process of varicose veins is characteristic symptoms. Appears localized in the lower third of the leg and feet. Thus, in the projection of the lesion causes severe itching of the skin.
If during the night's rest, the swelling does not subside, then it is an alarming signal which indicates the end-stage of disease progression (stage of decompensation). In such a situation should be excluded from the accession of infection and don't miss the development of trophic ulcers.
4. Itchy skin, which is manifested in the striking signs of developing varicose veins, with an already existing expressed pathologies of the venous outflow.
5. Hyperpigmentationthat occurs on the background of bright clinical signs. The skin in the area damaged veins, in their course and nearby, the ground bumps and damage, is induration (thickening), becomes dark and blue, there is a thinning of the surface epithelium and atrophy of the subcutaneous structures.
6. Hyperemia is a constant feeling of freezing limbs, fingers and toes.
7. The development of open venous ulcers is considered complicated variant of varicose veins, or a consequence of specific changes of the skin at the last stage of the disease.
Different people and the disease progresses differently according to the specific features of the location of the veins (superficial or deep).
Therefore, the threat of the "underwater stone" of varicose veins, is it invisible, asymptomatic, which may occur from running the stage.
Which doctor specialist should I contact?
The manifestation of even the initial signs of the disease, you must immediately consult a doctor. After all, in the early stages, the disease can be stopped with medical therapy. Treatment of varicose veins in the legs does a certain doctor.
If such a specialist at the polyclinic no, the problem can be solved by assigning appropriate treatment.
Treatment of varicose veins in the legs
The treatment of varicose veins of the legs constructed in accordance with the extent of vascular lesions.
- The first stage is a manifestation of the restless legs syndrome, accompanied by swelling.
- The second stage will include pathology permanent swelling, skin pigmentation seal subcutaneous structures (cellulose), and the development of various cells.
- The third stage is characterized by ulcerative defects of trophic origin.
Naturally, to stop the process easier, without waiting for the third degree of the disease. In the early stages to stop the process still can be drug therapy, adding to its effectiveness, home remedies.
There are many ways to treat varicose veins in the initial stages of the disease. These include drug therapy or different procedures minimally invasive technologies.
First of all, this compression underwear (stockings, pantyhose, socks) and elastic bandaging. When squeezing certain muscle groups, improving blood flow and reducing the process of stagnation of blood. This technique eliminates the further expansion of blood vessels and brain development.
Today, the ideal medications from varicose veins, which affects all links of the pathogenetic process in the development of disease – no. In most cases, apply special therapy. Partly to stop the development process in the initial stages of the conservative therapy is possible, but existing nodules medicines can not be removed.
Drugs for the treatment of varicose veins of the legs
1. The main prescribers that can restore vascular tone, relieve venous congestion and to improve the processes of microcirculation in tissues in the form of sprays, gels, tablets and ointments.
2. To prevent the development of thrombosis prescribers, with the inclusion of heparin, perfectly thins the blood.
3. To reduce inflammation, swelling and pain often are assigned to special gels, sprays and ointments from varicose veins.
When running the process of varicose veins, surgery can not be avoided. Modern minimally invasive techniques and radically different from the old methods. Has low invasiveness and absence of pronounced pain. This:
- minimally invasive technique of the procedure, eliminates the pathology of venous return;
- numerous modifications of the procedure selected in line with the current pathology;
- the method of hardening, based on the elimination of blood flow by the method of adhesion of the venous walls;
- closure of the venous lumen laser coagulation;
- treatment of varicose veins large vessels by the method of radiofrequency ablation;
- and the combined method of sclerosing and other procedures.
The method of treatment is chosen taking into account the clinical picture. It is therefore very important to seek medical help on time. You should not rely on the effectiveness of various methods of home treatment.
They are able to alleviate symptoms, but to cure is not able. The most effective means, which are complementary to drug therapy include:
- compresses of tincture and warming wraps with fruit kernels, green bark, leaves and inflorescences of plants – well known for its curative properties, of horse chestnut;
- compresses and rubbing the affected veins with Apple cider vinegar;
- lotions and compresses with the infusion of curdled milk with sage;
- foot baths and lotions on the blue clay;
- the use of grape juice or wine of red grapes.
And certainly will not hurt anyone, recommended and selected by special exercises doctor of physical therapy.
Prevention of varicose veins
As preventive measures apply:
- dousing the feet with a gradual decrease in temperature to improve blood circulation;
- foot bath, followed by rubbing with a towel and applying healing cream;
- leisure to keep the legs in a raised position.
Recommended: to give up visiting the hot steam rooms and saunas, to eliminate physical stress on the feet. To balance nutritious diet and give up Smoking and alcohol. To remove weight and to choose comfortable shoes.